"Recruiting the Deaf" a new "Freeminds" article by Barb Anderson

by Dogpatch 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Vintage
    Vintage

I have created a youtube channel and want to make videos to help deaf wake up from Watchtower. I interpreted for Watchtower for eight years, but I did this in South America, so all of my interpretation was in Spanish. That was over 30 years ago.

If you are an exjw and are a sign language interpreter, please post here on this thread or send me a private message. I want to make a short video on Ray Franz. His two books helped me to wake up four years ago. But my signing needs improving, and I need help.

If you are not exjw, I would still like to hear from you. Thanks.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Roski - "I was once asked to give language lessons to the new incoming elder, but he called to cancel saying he didn't take kindly to being instructed by a woman"

Jeezus, just how insecure about their masculinity are these guys??? 🤨

• hoser
    hoser

My observations of publishers and pioneers that join foreign or special language groups is that their desire to help that group of people is secondary to their desire to use that “privilege” as a means to gain a greater social standing in the Jehovah’s Witness community.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe that’s why some of the shallower JWs I knew growing up seemed so annoyed with me…

…’cause I simply (and openly) didn’t give a shit about “social standing”.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Below I am pasting the last paragraph of "Recruiting the Deaf" from Barbara Anderson's Watchtower Documents website, and the link to that article. I want to make "signed videos educating [deaf] about the other side of the Watch Tower religion". Can you help me improve my American Sign Language? Do you know British Sign Language?

"On the other hand most deaf homes now have the Internet and access to information has increased immeasurably for those deaf who have strong English reading comprehension. Deaf Witnesses now have nearly as much access to information as anyone else, though there remains a dearth of signed videos educating them about the other side of the Watch Tower religion. However, as more of the Watch Tower organization is exposed online via sign language, over time, the question arises: Will deaf Jehovah’s Witnesses take advantage of it?"
    https://watchtowerdocuments.org/recruiting-the-deaf-2/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit