2 Thessalonians issue

by Mat 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mat
    Mat

When I started this thread I didn't expect it to turn in to a Paul supporters verses Paul dislikers. To me the comparison is obvious, but I do understand why and how a Christian would take issue with it.

The bit where Paul blames them is 2 Thess 2: 5 where he says "Don't you remember me telling you these things?"

Iv'e known compulsive liars actually use simlar expressions, trying to make out they said stuff before that they never did. I guess the problem is we do not have an account from the Thessalonians themselfs telling us how they responded to the first letter, or what the second letter was refering to. We can only conjecture from what is written and survived to us. I visualise a simlar situation as happened in 1975, and may yet happen in 2014.

For the record, the Watchtower never actually said it would happen in 1975- they just strongly implied it. Apples and melons eh?

• tec
    tec

I would have to force myself to see the meaning of that verse the way you see it, Mat. I'm not a Paul supporter, or a Paul disliker... I just really don't read that verse the way you do, unless I twist it to mean that.

But like you said, there is a lot of information that we are missing in regard to what the questions and concerns FROM Thessalonians all entailed, in order to garner such a response. So no worries about disagreeing. We're just giving our personal thoughts on it.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit