what age is the youngest COUNTED partaker of the EMBLEMS you know, we got one who is 29, from Slateford Cong in EDINBURGH

by the max 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Honesty
    Honesty

There was a JW we knew in the mid 80s, who had been a Partaker™ from the time he was Baptized™. When I met him, he was 25. He had a 5-year-old son with his much older (with old money) JW wife, so he would have been around 19 or 20 when he started Partaking™.

Fast forward to now: he ran off with a younger woman, cleaned out the bank accounts and home possessions - the JW wife was totally blind-sided. Their kid's life got really messed up - he is in jail somewhere.

He must have had a smaller 'portion' of the holy spit than most 'partakers' in the cult.

• steve2
    steve2
    Fast forward to now: he ran off with a younger woman,

Sadly, brothers and sisters, some who have professed to be of the heavenly calling have fallen aside from their course to engage the sins of the flesh. Who of us can question whether Jehovah God, in his infinite wisdom, lovingly calls new ones to come forth to take place of those who have pooped on the privilege of being part of the heavenly class?

• AGuest
    AGuest

My dear sister JustMom's husband, FinalCall, began partaking inside when he was 17 (may you all have peace!). Because they lived in a very small hamlet where everyone knew everyone... and he was known from the time he was a child... no one protested. He is now 51. Their three sons (now age 20 to 25) partook with their parents about 10 years ago. They were literally asked to leave and locked out of the KH the next year. They partook this year (along with the eldest's wife)... so imagine the "crunching" of six people during the usually "quiet" festivities. Of course, the glass was virtually empty by the time it made it back up front.

Apparently, the WTBTS missed the truth that all those "called" and "chosen" in the Bible were young. Virtually all under age 30 (Apostles), many as teenagers/young men (Daniel, the three Hebrew boys, Jeremiah, David)... a few as infants/toddlers/kindergarteners (Moses, Samuel, etc.)... and at least one three months before he was even born (John the Baptist).

Sadly, they also miss the truth of Peter's words:

"Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is targeted to you and your children, but also to all who are far away—whomever, in fact, our Master God invites."

Thus, they not only "prevent the little children from coming to [our Lord]"... but "shut up the kingdom of the heavens before full grown adults, as well."

Too bad, too bad...

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• blondie
    blondie

In the early days of the Bible Students, all baptized members partook of the emblems at the memorial. I wonder how young Bible Students were upon baptism?

• shepherd
    shepherd

"Albert Schroeder about this, (I was curious about Dave Wetzler's case) and he said that at Bethel if some young guy started partaking they simply observed him for a period of time, and if he measured up to normal witness standards he would be slowly accepted.'

'I have friends who are still active, in that Cong, and they laugh about this guy,"

This always interested me, that there are those who feel qualified to judge and decide just who and who is not really 'anointed'. Even in the Bethel they do it. I personally don't believe a word of the doctrine that there are 144000, but I still think it displays an incredible arrogance that a body of Elders, and other members of the congregation, should be deciding whether THEY accept if someone is anointed or not.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There was a girl in our congregation in the 1990's that started taking the emblems at about 19 years old. Her 50+ year old father had been taking the emblems for a number of years. Most people felt there must be something wrong with her, of that she had an Electra complex.

I used to warn people to err on the side of caution. If she really was of the Anointed, then you don't want to get in her bad books.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

21 in Bend, Oregon. But I keep hearing weird things about the kid so I don't know if he is entirely normal. Do they "count" him as an official partaker? Hell if I know!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Lunatic Faith,,weird things about a partaker kid? Never know,,maybe a possible GB someday.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Yeah, I keep hearing he is really spiritual and has a lot of knowledge, so he has some people actually believing in him. But he recently had some sort of a breakdown, and I heard third hand he thought he was God's mouthpiece. I met him once and he seemed quiet and serious.

I met a woman like that who became an apostate because the elders wouldn't believe Jah was using her directly to straighten them out.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

When i was a kid, members of the anointed were treated with a lot of respect.

Now, unless you are a member of the GB, the annointed cant get any respect at all, other JWs just think they are nutters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit