what about a donation box for the poor?

by Evidently Apostate 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

one of the things i hate most about this corporate religion is they have a money box for many things that "bring praise to Jah"

wordwide work

convention expenses

overseer expenses

local hall, all of this $ ends up in brooklyn without anyone knowing how much goes where all for gods supposed glory

but i can see no greater display of kindness than to give of your time/resources to another who is in need. why doesn't that anger any jw's?

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

All donations lead to brooklyn?

• the max
    the max

Cos (WE) were more cocerned with teaching (indoctronating) them getting a pat on the back at KH, and being held in high regard, we were told and believed that Angels were directing us, (like some massive chess game, played out on Earth) to find people who GOD thought worhty. As I am writing this, You can see the extent of my own indoctronation !!! I used to believe this crap,

Anyhow,wait on jehovah, there will always be poor ect ect

• Scully
    Scully

They'd probably quote Jesus and say "the poor will always be with you," as if to say it wasn't important to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they've used that rationale to berate donating to charities that help the impoverished.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky
    They'd probably quote Jesus and say "the poor will always be with you," as if to say it wasn't important to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure they've used that rationale to berate donating to charities that help the impoverished.

Skully, this is so true! I remember having that mindset. *smh*

• andrekish
    andrekish

Hi Evidently Apostate.

If you are concerned by the seeming lack of charitable work within the organisation then your heart may not be as apostate as you may have been led by some to believe.

It always puzzled me why there were no visible charity works when I had a Bible Study a while back. It seemed to lack heart and the one thing I felt very strongly at the various meeting I attended was....

A complete lack of compassion. Heartless. Cold.

That was the impression I got whenever I heard charity or good works toward fellow humans mentioned.

I keep saying this to all my friends etc.....I think Solomon said it:

'Above all things guard your heart'....(somewhere in the Bible at the beginning of Proverbs). I truly don't think many witnesses regard this as important yet it is vital because a good heart can help when having to make decisions when caught between a rock and a hard place. Because then at least conscience and compassion can be used as templates for thought.

However, I think the GB of the Witnesses organisation gets a little above itself and regards itself as the only reputable authority where-as it is the GOOD HEART of a person that is the most important asset any person can have. It is this that instinctively tells us that the guy next door in is in trouble and could do with a bit of help. It is this good heart that tells us not to wreck our planet and hurt each other.

Christ said: treat others as you would like to be treated. That means we have to help our fellow man and MUST include charity towards our brother humans, not too sure if you ladies deserve it yet.....(I'm dead if anyone wants me).

I also think that the GB is unaware that it is simply the SALES Division of this organisation and that many, many people exist on the outside who fulfill other roles in life since we cannot all be teachers. It is wrong for teachers to place themselves higher or as more significant than anyone else.

As a result, many Witnesses get so wrapped up in their books that they forget to hear the screams of their fellow men.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I remember asking my bible study conductor about charities; and he said "If a man will not work, he shall not eat". As if the only reason that a person would not work was because of laziness. Such ignorance!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm pretty sure they've used that rationale to berate donating to charities that help the impoverished.

Yes, that just creates "rice Christians".

• sizemik
    sizemik

The poor? . . . with next to no education at WT's insistence . . . that would be almost all of them!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Give money to the poor when it can be given to the Governing Body of the antichrist business posing as religion to get money and power? Perish the thought!

Here is a magazine on the subject I have found in my bookbag..................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit