The Circle of Apostasy is Complete...

by Tuesday 16 Replies latest jw friends

• the max
    the max

When can I enlist !!!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    I politely disagree. I was here before you started posting, and the term was already being used. You're not the originator.

I'm not the originator BoganLewis is. If you do a google search of the site there are four pages of results all of which are discussing the youtube thing. The older material on the site seems to be able to be searched because if I do a search with terms from my first post something like 7 years ago I can find it. If you can find something more power to you because half an hour later of searches and the only stuff I find with the term "vast apostate army" are all in regards to the Vast Apostate Army I reference here.

When can I enlist !!!

You already are, if you're speaking out about the organization you're a member :)

Essentially it's all about public knowledge, the more the public knows about Jehovah's Witnesses and their teachings/policies the more the Vast Apostate Army wins. That's the power of cults, they fly under the radar with everyone thinking they're harmless etc.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hey Tuesday,

I did a google search here too and I couldn't find any references, but I am 99.99% certain that it was a term that was coined up back in 2001 or so. Several posters claimed that they were members of the "Vast Apostate Army" and made references to secret emails etc. They spoke of it as if it was like a secret club that was closed to all but a few JWD posters out of sight of the WTS spies. The thing was, there wasn't any secret club or secret emails etc. It was just a little bit of fun.

At that stage youtube wasn't as big as it is today, and the VAA had nothing to do with youtube. I've been away from the board for a few years so when I came back here and saw you referencing to it, I thought "Cool, they're still using that term".

Anyway, keep on keeping on. I'm sure I'm not going crazy, hopefully someone from back then might know what the heck I'm talking about.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I remember what you're talking about BP, it wasn't called that though. It was something like infiltration, or I might be thinking of the other support forum.

I've kind of lost the motivation to do the youtube thing, I just had so many threats and people threatening to hurt my children I'm just not cool with that. I still love that concept though, it's such a cool idea. I wish others would pick up the ball and run with it.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It was something like infiltration, or I might be thinking of the other support forum.

No, it wasn't called that. Or at least the thing I'm thinking of.

I've kind of lost the motivation to do the youtube thing, I just had so many threats and people threatening to hurt my children I'm just not cool with that.

That is certainly not cool! What cowards. I'm sure they're bluffing but I don't blame you for pulling the plug.

• minimus
    minimus

i like da music!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    That is certainly not cool! What cowards. I'm sure they're bluffing but I don't blame you for pulling the plug.

I stopped couting after I broke 20 death threats, I called the police on six of them. I know at least one was an active JW, I didn't press charges on any of them because who knows if they were legit or not. I'm sure the scare of being asked by a Policeman about your history on the internet on an apostate channel was probably enough to deter them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit