The Circle of Apostasy is Complete...

by Tuesday 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'm still somewhat laughing about this, I get a facebook message today with a link to the following video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coRQWAnyuOs

They then tell me about how cool it is to have a Vast Apostate Army and how every ex-JW should join. The irony? I made the video about the Vast Apostate Army in the first place. The plus side is I guess dropping 40 lbs since being in that video really has made me look different for the person to not even recognize me.

I guess that video had some legs to it LOL. Thought everyone here would enjoy the story.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

giddyup!

The Oracle

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The plus side is I guess dropping 40 lbs since being in that video really has made me look different for the person to not even recognize me.

So you have denounced the movement?

-Sab

• steve2
    steve2

It's a powerful message, especially the firsthand accounts of being abused and the organization not doing everything in its power to protect the children. Two things could be done to give the message more accessibility (in my opinion):

(1) The guy narrating it has trouble sustaining eye contact with the viewer - he keeps looking up to his left as if he is waiting for something to happen; unfortunately this creates a bit of a negative impression - like he cannot face the camera and tell his story.

2) The blaring background music threatens at times to drown out what people are saying. I found it hard at times to make out what they were saying because of the loudness of the music; it could do with some turning down.

Overall, however, an impassioned work, although the why 2017 was chosen wasn't clear to me.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

very powerful video

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The term "Vast Apostate Army" was something that was started on this board.

No one posting now can lay claim to the term.

• Tan Hai-chi
    Tan Hai-chi

What Steve2 said.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    So you have denounced the movement?

Nope, just denounced eating Buffalo Chicken Calzones twice a week. The Vast Apostate Army is an amazing concept.

The term "Vast Apostate Army" was something that was started on this board.

Not quite, unless you're talking about me posting about it here. The term was coined by a youtuber named BoganLewis after watching videos by LuciousVBogeyManProd talking about taking the Watchtower out on 2017.

why 2017 was chosen wasn't clear to me.

It's the next time November 5th happens on a Sunday.

• strypes
    strypes

!Brilliant video

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Not quite, unless you're talking about me posting about it here.

I politely disagree. I was here before you started posting, and the term was already being used. You're not the originator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit