This may be the week I blow my stack

by Sargeant Pepper 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• cult classic
    cult classic

Sargeant Pepper

Glad to hear there were some who showed empathy towards you and your loss. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.

• pbrow
    pbrow

When my grandfather died a couple years back I was shunned by noone! I walked into the hall expecting not to be shunned. It takes a pretty cold p.o.s. to shun someone when a relative dies. I am glad that I was not the only one to have the experience pepper. Hopefully the ones that did shun you were taught a lesson in christianity by the persons who did not shun you. I am sorry for your loss. Hopefullly it can serve as a reminder that the majority of the people are good but truly "captives of the concept"

pbrow

• ambersun
    ambersun
    When my grandfather died a couple years back I was shunned by noone! I walked into the hall expecting not to be shunned.
    Hopefullly it can serve as a reminder that the majority of the people are good but truly "captives of the concept"

We had a similar experience to you, pbrow, when MOL passed away. MOL had been a very active and prominent JW sister for well over 40 years and the service was undertaken by an elder who had been brought into the 'truth' by her. As you can imagine there was a massive turn out for her funeral, nearly all JWs, but I stood by Hubby's side (both of us having been DA'd for many years) and we received nothing but warmth and sympathy by everyone as we thanked them for their support.

We did not expect to be shunned and if anyone had DARED to shun my husband at a time of his loss, I would not have hesitated in confronting them and asking them if God would not expect them to show a bit of compassion to a man who was mourning the loss of his mother. Believe me, I would NOT have let them get away with it!!!

My deepest sympathies for your loss and anyone else who is grieving at this time.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I am so sorry for your loss. I am relieved that the funeral went ok.

• Sargeant Pepper
    Sargeant Pepper

Many thanks everybody.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit