Eating Disorders and the JWs

by the_raisin 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Hey watersprout, I totally get you!!! The mentality behind the punishment, now that's the most damaging! I am happy to hear you are doing much better!!! I hope that one day I will be able to look back and be able to tell the younguns to keep looking forward :D (my eating dissorder morphed from 'typical weight obsession' to just wanting to hurt myself. I lost the weight, I am perfectly fine with my weight, but now, if I relapse, it's because I have this intense feeling of need to hurt myself. It's the worst.)

• watersprout
    watersprout

That's what winds me up with people... They are soo obsessed with making you eat, they completely miss the dangerous part...The part of you that wants to hurt/punish/destroy. Thats what i found with ''professionals'', they would focus on your eating habits and weight gain. I would plead with the dr that i needed help with the urge to inflict pain and he would dismiss it. It was all about weight and food charts. It was when i met my therapist that i found someone who tried to understand. The food issue was not bought up, it was the self hate he worked with. Because of me he now has incredible success with ED patients, because he understands it's nothing to do with food or vanity.

It's those relapses that are the worse! You know what's coming and you can't escape it... Next time you feel yourself relapsing pm me and we will fight it together!

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit