Most humiliating...

by Igot2bme 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ambersun
    ambersun

I think the reason for this is because many die hard JWs are totally incapable of understanding how a former JW can possibly just stop believing in the 'Truth' and therefore they treat you as if you are suffering from either severe memory loss or have somehow become completely stupid with the IQ of a toddler. This causes them to speak to you verrrrryyy slowly and patronisingly to ensure you understand the simple dumbed down 'witness' they are giving you. I can remember actually telling one particular sister that I had not lost my memory and that I knew as much about everything as she did, I just simply did not want to go to meetings any more.

Another sister was far more aggressive and yelled at me for being selfish and told me that it did not matter if I didn't believe it was the truth, I still had a duty to remain an active JW for the sake of my mother! I told her that this is exactly what I had been doing for many years, but could not do it any longer!!

I don't know which of these experiences was worse

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

She likely has some kind of mental or personality disorder. I noticed a lot of JW "preaching" consists of repeating very remedial stuff as if it was some stunning new revelation.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Something I like to do in such circumstances is ask out right but very politely:

"Susan ( place her name here), do you count your time for when you're talking to me?"

And then just look at her and say nothing. Wait for a reply.Even if it takes a while and there is an embarasing silence.

If it is true, then you probably wont see her again.

Oh, and for whatever answer she gives, just say, pensively, " I thought so".

jlp

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

@ Igot2bme That's such a typical JW. You handled it well without shoving that dumb Watchtower where the sun doesn't shine.

@ Jean-Luc Picard, great advice!

3M

• sizemik
    sizemik

I rembember visiting a KH I had never been to before . . . after 20+ years 'in' . . .

This guy, about my age, pounced on me and began preaching . . . "Have you ever stopped and imagined what living in paradise would be like . . . etc etc?" . . . on and on he went from Adam to friggin Armegeddon.

I didn't get a chance to speak with anyone else for a full 20 mins! I started off feeling patronised and eventually became totally irritated. Every attempt to interrupt was just bulldozed over. It was a humiliation.

I think with some . . . the only thing that stops them is pulling the key out of their back and waiting till the spring winds down. They love the sound of themselves preaching and yes . . . are busy counting time.

The only satisfaction I got was how he must have felt when I got up and delivered the public talk

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The only satisfaction I got was how he must have felt when I got up and delivered the public talk

Hahahahahahahaha.....

• ambersun
    ambersun

That is PRICELESS!!!

• factfinder
    factfinder

@sizemilk-that is great! LOL!

• life is to short
    life is to short

That happend to me all the time in being spoken down to. Even when I was at Bethel it happened all the time. So many conversations would start with Sister LITS what are you thinking!!!!! Or SISTER LITS where is you mind???? Or SISTER LITS THAT IS NOT TRUE AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!

It was all stupid stuff and none of it truly mattered. Like one sister swore that every person that comes out to give talks from Bethel is of the anointed. I personally knew the speaker who was coming out this time and he was not of the anointed and I just stupidly said that not thinking I would be slammed for it. I was lambasted by how stupid I was and what was wrong with me etc in front of about 20 people who all sided with this sister and looked at me like I was apostate. I just told them to ask the brother when he came and crawled away from their glares.

It just went on and on, all of it stupid stuff. I was always talked to like I was five years old and the most simple person they had ever meet. Till this day I still do not know why. Even last week I talked to a sister about the child molesters in the hall and she was talking to me like I was five.

It really hurts to be spoken down to like that and I do not truly know why as they are the stupid ones but it still hurts for some reason.

LITS

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Tell her you spoke to someone at Bethel Headquarters and that she has to literally "stop counting her time" when she visits a baptized sister to explain things to her. She must only count her preaching to the "world."

Or just keep interupting her when she talks with what you really want to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit