Im now out...

by MrFreeze 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Despite the fact that i officially left the JWs last October I still had a big issue to deal with. I was still living at home. Many of you are aware of the kind of pressure that parents can put on you. Its the little things, the looks they give you. The snarky little comments. Then there is the big stuff. Getting berated. Having my opinions and feelings mean nothing to them. However, now Im officially free! Today is the day I move out of that hellhole. Now Im officially free to live as I choose. Its a great feeling of liberation. That feeling is totally worth the struggles of bills and the uncertainty of living on my own. I am no longer subject to anything the WT says or does. I am finally free. its been a struggle, internally mostly but that struggle has been totally worth it. Ive lost "friends". Ive lost the respect of family. But Ive gained so much more. My advice to any on the fence is, leave now and never look back. Nothing good ever comes easy. Its a struggle and a battle and it has by no means been easy. But its doable and totally worth it! Thanks to everyone here for helping me along in my journey to personal freedom.

• flipper
    flipper

MRFREEZE- I'm very happy to hear you have yourfreedom physically and mentally. Although we all have to deal with earning a living in this modern world - it's a hell of a lot easier to do it without someone looking over our shoulders constantly making us feel guilty about HOW we do it . Whether that be JW parents or the WT society. My best wishes to you on your newfound freedoms

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

Congratulations and good luck. Moving out can be tough but is definitely worth it, especially if your family is in and doesn't respect your decision to get out.

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Mr. McFreeze - That is wonderful news! I am so joyful for you. And I agree leaving and not looking back is far easier than I ever believed it would be too. I had no realization of the improvements it was going to bring to my life - just fears for what I thought I was losing. In truth we gain much more than we ever imagined we would lose. Enjoy your new found freedom but keep walking by Spirit. And may the Good Lord bless your every endeavor!

• nugget
    nugget

I am glad you have taken such an important step and can see the benefits of the choice you have made. I agree that leaving and not trying to cling to this religion is the best choice you can make. It does require sacrifices but they are worth it.

• moshe
    moshe
    My advice to any on the fence is, leave now and never look back. Nothing good ever comes easy.

Good for you- freedom and personal dignity is worth the effort to openly quit the KH. I never understood why any ex-JW would want to be a doormat. Good luck!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Good for you! Work all you can & study in school all you can. This is going to work out. Glad to be part of your support group.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Enjoy!

jlp

• rebel8
  • laverite
    laverite

What rebel8 said!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit