Your Favorite Kingdom Song (versions)

by pirata 15 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they need to add gun shots and swearing to the whole thing. It would sound a lot better than what they did.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The great hymns of true Christianity make the WT stuff unbearable. Any JW song I have heard is dead, lifeless, boring compared to the praise and worship of evangelical churches or hymns of the past written by people who know God. It is interesting that Mormons steal our hymns despite not believing intended truth contained in them. JWs distance themselves from all things Christian to establish their own identity (Mormons want to be considered Christian so co-opt many things for credibility). The words in the WT books might have some merit, but because they do not exalt Jesus as Lord God and the Holy Spirit as personal, there is no presence and power of God like we see in Acts or many Pentecostal churches. I don't know how JWs can stand their conventions and meetings and the canned music, etc. My co-worker thought I would get excited about the drama, but it pales compared to ones I am used to. JWs are organized (but so is McDonald's), but they know nothing about the presence and power of God (they would think it is a demonic spirit...no discernment...nothing to compare it to for those who grew up in it). Especially youth (vs contemporary Christian music), how can they stand dead religion? I am surprised any stay in (though the ones I saw at the Memorial were disinterested and irreverent).

• PublishingCult
  • saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

We thank you Jehovah ----------- with all the verses from the old Songbook has always brought intense emotion and reverence to my heart. And contrary to Godrulz's opinion I found many songs written by Jehovah's Witnesses to be inspiring and to reflect true love for Jehovah and His Son, Jesus Christ.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Mormons have their songs to, including ones to Joseph Smith?! The lyrics may be OK, but the canned recordings vs live song leaders with real instruments is uninspiring. Old Testament worship was dynamic, not droning. How much more should NT worship be full of life rather than sounding like something from a communist meeting.

• DaveMc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit