Your Favorite Kingdom Song (versions)

by pirata 15 Replies latest jw friends

• pirata
    pirata

I'm serious here. What were your favorite Kingdom Song (versions) when you were a JW?

Albums

5 Stars

A few years ago I discovered the Unreleased Singing Kingdom Songs (supposedly commissioned by the Governing body, but ultimately decided to sound to "christendom") that included George Benson and others. The songs were very well produced, done in jazz and modern ballad. I listened to these in secret because they were already "banned" from distribution by the time I found out about them. A friend of mine had this on copied CD, but refused to copy it for me or lend it to me after the Kingdom Ministry article came out saying not to distribute it.

4 Stars

I really liked the african versions of the Kingdom Songs, also produced by the society. There were no instrumentals, just beautiful singing in harmony. Africans sure can sing. My classmate (from the Congo) once warned me, when you hear singing, you start running, because during his time in Congo, it meant a protest was brewing.

3 Stars

The vocal versions of the new kingdom songs are pretty nice, but they all sound the same. After listening to 30 tracks of the same style, it would be nice to see things changed up.

1 Star

The officially released "Singing Kingdom Songs" with the Opera Dude and the barbershop trio. My mom used to play this all the time. She didn't like the singing much, but it helped to memorize the songs. I used to play it, and sing along very loudly, to annoy the rest of the family.

• mrquik
    mrquik

The short ones.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm waiting for the hip-hop and metal versions to be released.

• laverite
    laverite

I would love to hear Move Ahead sung in the style of Opera. It would also make a great Madonna pop song or rap song.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

When I was a teenager, me and a friend used to pass time during the meeting looking through the song book, to see which song would make the best Rap song. Shulamite Remnant was the unequivocal winner.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I liked the Orchestra versions of the Kingdom Melodies. I didn't appreciate this style of music till I learned about the musical periods. There's Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, and Romantic period. I like to listen to the classical music station and identify the period of the piece that is playing.

I would like to take this time to share this video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9LCwI5iErE

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Wow - Nomad Soul - That video was SO POWERFUL! Thank you every so much.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Life Without End at Last / Keep Your Eyes on the Prize

Kingdom Melodies Collection

• prophecor
    prophecor

Life Without End at Last / Keep Your Eyes on the Prize

Kingdom Melodies Collection

• prophecor
    prophecor

Ghost in the Machine. Sorry!

Share this