Do They Still Offer Food At The DCs?

by Low-Key Lysmith 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird
    blondieRe: I Want Some of That Convention Pudding! posted 7 months ago (9/21/2010)

Post 31051 of 32216
    Since 5/28/2001
    simplified convention food service
    It was announced in the December 1994 {OKM} in the USA that there will no longer be arrangements for food to be served at circuit and district assemblies. Years ago many workers labored to provide three full hot meals a day for visiting conventioneers. Then over the years steps were taken to make things simpler. In about 1992, the number of food items offered was greatly reduced. The need for cashiers was eliminated by allowing persons to take what food they needed and to leave a donation for it in a nearby contribution box. Families normally made anonymous contributions to cover their overall needs for an assembly. Apparently not everyone did so, because now the simplified food service arrangement means no food at all. The new arrangement will allow many brothers and sisters who formerly worked in the food service department at assemblies to spend more time enjoying the program and being with their families.

The WT simplified everything.

Syl

• suenott63
    suenott63

Ill take the Muff but hold the egg

• JohnnyMarr
    JohnnyMarr

The brothers in Savannah GA were given a little leeway when it came to food service for the Circuit Assembly and we had great Chilli. This was in the late 70's/early 80's.

• nugget
    nugget

no food service you have to bring a packed lunch. The kingdom ministry tells you not to bring a heavy picnic a sandwich and some dried fruit should be sufficient. They do provide water whatever the weather but nothing else. Certainly no alcohol and nothing that will make you sleep through the afternoon sessions.

Due to the high cost of rubbish disposal brothers are asked to take their rubbish home with them.

• truman
    truman

omm, nom, nom...squash cassarole. I got baptized at a convention in Little Rock AR in 1974, when they still had full-on cafeteria meals. The cooks there served a squash cassarole so scrumptious that I am still looking for a recipe to duplicate even now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit