Do They Still Offer Food At The DCs?

by Low-Key Lysmith 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

To this day, I still can't drink Shasta Cola or Lemon-Lime soda. When I was a kid, you would buy these books of "Food Tickets". The tickets were traded for terrible food. The Muff'N'Eggs weren't too bad, I guess, but McDonalds always did it better. I remember the foil-wrapped "Burritos". Those things were downright nasty. I would usually settle for an either bone-dry or super-soggy Hoagie Sandwich with the packet of italian dressing. I would choke that down with a room-temperature Shasta, a bag of chips, and a Nestle pudding cup.

All in all, not the best in cuisine. You were actually discouraged from bringing your own lunch and expressly FORBIDDEN to leave the venue to go to restaurant.

Do they still operate like this? Same low-grade food items? Same Food Tickets?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You are supposed to bring your own lunch now. The Borg provides no food.

Going out to eat at lunch time is frowned upon.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I forgot to mention that this "simplified arrangement from Jehovah is very happifying."

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

"simplified arrangement from Jehovah is very happifying."

I can almost hear the resounding applause.

......I'm ashamed to say that I could almost go for a Muff'N'Egg right now.....and the cup of orange juice that was always frozen in the morning.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Its been a long time since they did the food service and tickets thing. At least 20 years? I remember it well though...my brother and I would call their burgers "sawdust burgers".

The fruit bag was always a gamble...50/50...sometimes kinda fresh, sometimes brown grapes.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I wanna pop pop pop...I wanna Sh-sh-shasta!!!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Yeah. It's been over 20 years since I've attended a DC.

You guys got burgers? Lucky! We never had any burgers in Utah. I had to settle for the terrible hoagies because the only other option was Ham on Rye, and I didn't care for rye bread at the time.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I remember the wt bragging that went on in the late 60's. Supposedly, some military came to a dc to see how they fed everyone. Since then, the military has advance a LOT in how it feeds it's people. The wt simply STOPPED. The light is getting brighter/jehovah's celestial chariot like org speeds on, NOT!

S

• White Dove
    White Dove

In Tacoma, WA they'd make us all pay for parking while closing off parking around the other side of the building (all against contract, of course).

When we arrived at the assembly, they'd direct us to park right up against another car so we could barely get out.

They'd pack us in like sardines. No one could leave.

Now I know why.

There was a restaurant open on the top floor of the dome that we ate at one year.

It was closed the following years, though.

So much control. Just too much of it.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

At the international convention a couple years ago we got food tickets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit