Did You Tend To Question The Organization Or Did You Just WANT To Believe?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know some who always questioned the elders, the Society, and others because they were typically skeptical.

There are those who just seemed to want to believe whatever they were told.

I was more a skeptic, during my last decade.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

I was more of a skeptic. A couple of things I always thought were kind of wrong were staying away from worldly friends and not having a beard. Other than that, I really did believe. Those two things just never really sat right with me.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I didnt question ANYTHING til I found you guys and you saved me from baptism a few monthes ago....praise GOD! x

PAULA X

• cantleave
    cantleave

I became more and more questioning as time went by.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I took the Society at thier word. I judged those who'd dare to question the Society as dangerous heretics

• petitebrunette
    petitebrunette

I never questioned, I always knew it was "the truth". When I stopped going. after I separated from my husband, I dated and did all kinds of "bad" things. So I just thought I'd be destroyed at Armageddon. When I was DF'd, I started looking on the internet for things I was always too terrified to search. And lo and behold, after reading Ray Franz's books, I wasn't in "the truth". Also, missed the posts on how to fade the right way! But now I'm free...

• minimus
    minimus

Ray Franz' help is immeasurable!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I never really questioned that it was the 'truth' while I was in (and even for a few years after I was out) but I did question things, yes. Youth baptism was always a problem for me and the beard thing (cuz I love the scruff) and having to wear skirts and I never understood why every stinking prophesy had to have 2 fulfillments and the second one was usually silly - in my opinion. And I never got a reasonable answer to why animals were created with giant fangs if they were originally vegetarian and why others were created with camoflage coloring if there were no predators. Cognizant dissonance at its best...

• AZheat
    AZheat

"born ins" are taught that ANYTHING the organization says is as if it came from Jehovah himself. Never question it for fear of falling into apostasy. The organization promotes itself, plain and simple. And it is becoming even more apparent in recent years. Their stronghold on the blind sheep stems from their insistance that if we want to serve God properly we must obey his appointed servant, the "WTBS". Even the baptismal questions have leaned toward loyalty to the org. see below

Baptismal questions from the August 1, 1966 Watchtower, p. 465:

(1) Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

Baptismal questions from the May 15, 1970 Watchtower, p. 309:

(1) Have you recognized yourself as a sinner and needing salvation from Jehovah God? And have you acknowledged that this salvation proceeds from him and through his ransomer, Christ Jesus?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for redemption have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to Jehovah God, to do his will henceforth as that will is revealed to you through Christ Jesus and through God's Word as his holy spirit makes it plain?

Baptismal questions from the May 1, 1973 Watchtower, p. 280:

(1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

The newest baptismal questions, from the June 1, 1985 Watchtower:

(1) On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

• minimus
    minimus

What a CULT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit