Ten Second explanation of God's plan of Salvation

by Terry 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

God has a standard. Man has an opinion of that standard.

The two disagree.

God has the power to kill man.

Man dies.

But--wait, there's more!

Man tries to earn favor. Man offers sacrifices. Man BRIBES GOD for favor.

God prefers blood.

Animal throats are cut and the blood is poured out and the flesh burned. God is happy.

The difference of opinion doesn't matter as long as animals die and blood is poured out.

STRANGE ARRANGEMENT?

Jesus arrives and saves countless animals from having their throats cut and blood poured out.

If this is okay with you say the magic words: JESUS SAVES.

At last, man and God agree on something.

Man no longer earns God's favor by slitting animal throats. This is called Christianity.

Fade to black as lovely Hallelujah music plays....

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Fred? is that you Freddy ??

;)

• trevor
    trevor

Terry you can 'with Logic absolute, the Two-and-Seventy jarring Sects confute.' The problem is, people would rather see the world through rose coloured glasses or the blood of the lamb.

The truth is, reality is not so bad but we have to be prepared accept that no one can die for us, we have to die ourselves. Such truth is unacceptable to the majority of people.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

How about less than five seconds?

"I'm God. Do what I tell you to do or you'll die and/or be tortured for all eternity."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This one is my favorite:

• designs
    designs

Soilent Green...

• AGuest
    AGuest

How about in less than 0.35 seconds, dear Terry (peace to you!):

Christ.

Peace!

A slave of Christ, God's SON... and "Plan" for Salvation

SA

• Terry
    Terry

Bloody death!

Yippeeee!

We sinners are freeeee!

Howz dat?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm not that slow of a reader but I think it actually took me 15 seconds so yeah Terry... I'm calling you out on that one!

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

God has a standard.

You shall have no other gods before me.
    You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
    You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    Honor your father and your mother You shall not murder.
    You shall not commit adultery.
    You shall not steal.
    You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's

Man has an opinion of that standard

All we like sheep have gone astray;
    we have turned—every one—to his own way;

God has the power to kill man.

For the wages of sin is death

Man tries to earn favor

We have all become like one who is unclean,
    and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.

God prefers blood

Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Jesus arrives and saves countless animals from having their throats cut and blood poured out.

For the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the holy places by the high priest as a sacrifice for sin are burned outside the camp. So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood.

JESUS SAVES

For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Fade to black as lovely Hallelujah music plays....

Hallelujah!
    For the Lord our God
    the Almighty reigns

Hello Terry. My reply is not meant to be a slam to your opinions on Christianity nor is it an attempt to preach. I have wrestled with many of the issues you brought up as well as others. The God of the bible is hard for me to understand. But if I think God has offended me, who's court can I take Him to?

Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit