Did you ever "love" the organization?

by slimboyfat 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

p.s. John Hurt's version was great but Peter Cushing's version kicked ass all over the place.

• sir82
    sir82

Myself, no, but I see lots of JWs in my current congregation, and in past ones, who absolutely loved "the organization".

It's a primary reason why people crack up when they lose their "privileges" (elder, pioneer, MS, etc.). Obviously, if they were in it to "serve Jehovah", who cares what organizational roles you have? But tell Brother Self-Righteous that he doesn't qualify to be an elder, and he'll collpase in a pile of snot and tears, blubbering away as if he were 3 years old and you took away his teddy bear.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I can honestly say I do not know. Being a born in it was one in the same to me.

I went to the memorial Sunday and one of the elders wives came up to me and told me I left Jehovah because I was not going to the meetings. I just looked puzzled at her and said why in the world would you say I have left God? She said because you are not at the meetings. I said but the elders are letting child molesters running free, she told me I was letting imperfect men the elders stand in my way of serving Jehovah the way he wants.

I said no I am doing what Jehovah wants by tanking a stand against evil. I then asked her if she has read the July 15th WT on apostates, she said no that she has a hard enough time just keeping up with the current stuff they shove at you. I said that from what I understand the July 15 WT is saying that what the elders are doing is a form of apostasy a standing away from Jehovah so my not going to the meetings is truly showing to Jehovah that I do love him by my taking a stand agaist evil.

This really sort of ticked her off and she tried to come back on me but there was not much she could say expect the elders are imperfect and I still need to be showing Jehovah love by being at the meetings. I told her the only way I feel I can show Jehovah true love is by respecting his feelings toward children and that would be staying away from meetings.

But the whole thing gave me pause to think, being at the meetings and loving Jehovah is one and the same to most JW's. It is really sick.

LITS

• Gayle
    Gayle

Long ago, I would have said 'yes.' I loved and trusted. I am feeling nauseous again at the memory, back 25 yrs ago. I was 9 when my folks converted. That's why I still hope some still in this state could possibly one day have a 'reckoning.' I have known ones even leave Bethel and organization, although the longer there, the more difficult. My father was DF'd for apostasy when about 60 yrs old, he at one time was the most adamant among them. I know another ex-JW left in his 70s, after there 50yrs. They are very grateful for finally learning the facts and falsehood of JWism.

That's why it is good to treat all JWs like someday they could be a fellow ex-JW. You never know. Of course, the facts must be told. The organization is not a person to love. It is a wild beast which requires its back to be scratched tirelessly; if one slows down, it turns on you viciously.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Absolutely! I loved it with my heart and soul - I loved the organization more than I loved God. My uncles went to prison during WWII for this organization. My aunts never married and devoted their entire lives to missonary work after graduating from some of the first classes of Gilied. I knew Knorr and Franz on a first name basis (Nathan came to our house many times when I was little) and one aunt is married to Joel Adams. I read "Faith on the March" more times than I can remember - and I was proud and honored to be associatiated with that organization. I volunteered at Patterson every May picking strawberries, thinking it was such an honor to do that.

I absolutely loved the WBTS - and I believed in everything they said.

• Curtains
    Curtains

I don't recall hearing that phrase either slim but in answer to your question I have to admit that I did love the organization like jehovah himself.

A phrase I heard at the memorail that I hadn't heard before was in connection with visitors being told to speak to the attendants if they had any questions, the speaker then said "a qualified witness will be asked to answer your questions".

• prophecor
    prophecor

does anyone "love" the NHS?, the Goverment? the police? the coast guard? the army? the navey? the AA? The RAF?

you might like them, or respect them, but i don't think anyone would say they love them!!

Hi Dose, some can get lost in the love of such an entity. Military and police especially as many believe themselves to be in service to something greater than themselves. On a quest for the good of society, we can become so caught up in "The Company Man" syndrome that we become one with it. We become assimilated.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Here is trueman leaving behind what he used to love, where he felt secure and cared for... obviously his trust and love was misplaced...

http://i2.listal.com/image/1263477/500full.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit