Did you ever "love" the organization?

by slimboyfat 17 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am catching up on this July 15th study Watchtower everyone is talking about. It's perhaps a bit more intense in its vitriol than has been published in the Watchtower in a long while (since the early 1980s apostate witch hunt) but it's stuff we've all heard before, even down to comparing apostasy to an illness and calling apostates mentally diseased.

But the phrase that stuck out for me was this:

They may arise from within the congregation. Such ones are apostates.

What do they want? They are not content just to leave the organization that they perhaps once loved.

Not love of Jehovah but love of the organization. That's a bit over the top isn't it? Does the Watchtower often talk about "loving" the organization and I just haven't noticed before? Even when I was a believer I think that phrase would have given me pause for thought.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Love for Jehovah, and love for the organisation was synonymous. There was no seperation as I believed it to be run Almighty God Jehovah himself. Looking thru different eyes, however, I can see what I'd been missing.

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

yeah its true

know i think about it the organization was supposed to be Gods BODY they were like one and the same

it's only now years later after not having thought about this for a long time that I see how they elevate the organization ABOVE God

The dubsa re constantly talkng abotu lovorganization, serve organization, listen to organization,

They really DONT talk much about God/Jehovah at all!

• wobble
    wobble

I never loved the Organization, I always saw it as being run by imperfect men, and yet, being born-in I fell for the teaching that Jehovah was using it.

That phrase jumped out at me too SBF, becuase I immediately said to myself as I read it "I never loved the Org, though I knew a few who did!"

I think this is a case of mind-controlling propaganda,. the average Witness will read this phrase and it will slip in to their sub-coscious so that they will feel they should "love the Organization", more control.

• baltar447
    baltar447

It's really sickening isn't it? We are supposed to love a corporation that doesn't love us back. Instead shows such disdain for the rank and file. Really sick once you wake up about it all.

• highdose
    highdose

how can you love an organisation?

does anyone "love" the NHS?, the Goverment? the police? the coast guard? the army? the navey? the AA? The RAF?

you might like them, or respect them, but i don't think anyone would say they love them!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No.

It represented a god that was threatening to kill me.

I don't think I ever understood how someone was supposed to love that.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I never loved the Dish network orgaization and I let people know. I was not just content to leave. That makes about as much sense as what the WT is saying. Being in the Borg most of my life I was taught God=organization. It is just one of those cult thinking tools they use. The thing is most witnesses don't even realize what they are saying. Totally ADD

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I would have never stayed at Bethel for 6+ years, had I not had great affection for it.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Most JW's love the organization in the sense that they love being JW's....protection from "The World", protection from Satan and the demons, the feeling of being privy to such rare esoteric knowledge, having a direct pipeline to the one and only true God, having dibs on his name, protection from blood communicable diseases, blah blah blah.....and of course the protection of the corporate umbrella at Armageddon. What's not to love?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit