Top Mexican drug lord a Jehovah's Witness

by dogon 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Steve, I am late to reply, but I must say I don't blame the Bible (or the Quran) for violence, bloodshed and intolerance throughout the ages. I blame the bastards who do not hesitate to shed blood, be violent and be intolerant for it.
    In Ibn Warraq's "Why I Am Not a Muslim" you will find the statement that monotheism is intolerant by its very nature. I would only disagree with Ibn Warraq (himself a victim of violence and intolerance, and not a victim of bloodshed only because he's in hiding) as to his choice of word. I blame MONOTHEISTS for that. ..."

Ahh...........

I'm confused...

Since Monotheism is innately exclusive, how on earth can you blame Monotheists without blaming that which defines and infuses their belief system???

Zid

• dgp
    dgp

All right. I blame BOTH. The writings they use to justify their being intolerant, and themselves.

My idea is this: it's only too easy to say "The Bible made me do it". If I asked any believer of these faiths, would they say their faith is fine with murder? Of course not. And what has been their practice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit