How Has The Economy Affected Your Spending Habits?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Money is tighter than ever. i see no real vacas on the horizon.

• blondie
    blondie

We're fairly frugal. We travel have put a limit on how much we spend. We have a garden, car pool, rarely eat out or use coupons. Eating at home makes a big difference. We have liked few of the movies nowadays which saves us money. DVDs from the library, books, newspapers help our budget.

We aren't the last of the big spenders....no change.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, that is smart.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yep, it's "make do and mend" here too.

• Lore
    Lore

As a single guy who works from home 2 out of 5 days a week and $0 debt with a car that only needs gas every 3 weeks:

I have no addictions, my hobbies are completely inexpensive, and I'm a relatively good cook so I don't eat out all that often.

Economy? There something wrong with it?

Aside from having to pay $1.45 for a bottle of Pepsi instead of $1.20 my spending hasn't changed much at all.

• minimus
    minimus

Lore, where the hell do you live?

• Lore
    Lore

Pennsylvania

• minimus
    minimus

with the Shakers?

• freydo
    freydo

Dear Concerned Citizen,

Americans everywhere are getting “sticker shock” at the gas pump as prices have breached $4 and are on their way to $5 a gallon.

But it’s not just gas prices!

According to The Wall Street Journal (April 12), cotton is up 40%, oil is up 20%, and wheat is up 10% . . .since January 1!

And yet the U.S. government says inflation is NOT a problem. They cite an almost meaningless metric known as "core inflation" which is almost ZERO. However, this “core inflation” excludes the price of gas and food — the two most essential items for the average American to purchase on a daily basis!

We don’t believe this and neither should you!

Newsmax’s Financial Publisher, Aaron DeHoog, put together a shocking video that you NEED to watch.

It details how Milton Friedman, the Nobel Prize winning economist and Ronald Reagan adviser, predicted the loose money printing polices being implemented by Obama and Bernanke will send America into economic cataclysm.

I must caution you, the video is controversial.

You will likely be offended by some of the FACTS he exposes. But right now, you don’t need pampering or fluff. You need the truth, no matter how hard it may be to swallow.
    In it, DeHoog reveals how Milton Friedman and Ronald Reagan tackled runawayinflation, high unemployment, and a record-breaking debt.

But more importantly, he gives you a blueprint on how to protect your wealth and keep your nest-egg SAFE.

To watch the video, click here now

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I'd be willing to suffer a little more if the bad economy would mean that JW's would quit contributing to the Society!

Outaservice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit