How Has The Economy Affected Your Spending Habits?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I just lost my job today due to company cutbacks and I am spinning from the crisis this has caused my life.

This is very serious.

Anewme

• anewme
    anewme

I am not thinking about spending at all! All I can think about is what I can sell.

• freydo
    freydo

Gas prices continue to rise in Washington Gas prices continue to rise in Washington

Gas prices continue to rise in Washington

Gas prices hover one tenth of a cent under five dollars per gallon at a gas station in Washington on April 19, 2011. Unrest in the Middle East and price speculation have steadily led to higher oil prices and consequently higher gas prices throughout the year so far. UPI/Roger L. Wollenberg

Read more: http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/view/f772b5b1f31e2af83d29d52d228dd553/Gas-prices-continue-to-rise-in-Washington/#ixzz1K4T8DIhy

McDonald's restaurants overwhelmed by job seekers

By Darrell Smith
    [email protected] Published: Wednesday, Apr. 20, 2011 - 12:00 am | Page 1A

They want jobs. They need to work. From Laguna Boulevard in Elk Grove to Sunrise Boulevard in Citrus Heights, job seekers lined up before dawn Tuesday and crowded McDonald's restaurants across the region late into the afternoon on the restaurant chain's national hiring day.

The fast-food chain hoped to hire 50,000 employees for its more than 14,000 U.S. locations, including about 600 employees at its 165 sites in the Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto area Tuesday.

That averages to less than three jobs per outlet nationally, although some local sites said they were planning to hire as many as 15.

That mattered little to Jason Scott of Sacramento. He just needed one.

Read more:

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/04/20/3565127/mcdonalds-restaurants-overwhelmed.html#ixzz1K4U6V28l

• Giordano
    Giordano

Putting Obama in a pimp suit.......how thoughtful of you.

• freydo
  • doughnuthole
    doughnuthole

Have had a small business for 25 years, had some very very good years, took some big hits the last 2 to 3 years, really dont know if we will recover it. Scary place to be at 50+, Neither one of us in the best shape either......but we have alot of experience and alot of connections,AND my hubby is a very smart guy....so im sure we will be OK just very hard to go through, so to anwser your question, Yes we will defintely be cutting back on spending, actually forced to cut back on spending!! Dough

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I got scared 2-3 years ago, and rushed to pay off the house ASAP!

only have a business loan left

anyway, we're only gonna vacation within a 100 mile drive from home............. not gonna fly anywhere (even though we're making lots of $$$).

my mom taught me the parable of the ant and the cricket when I was 5!

• Curtains
    Curtains

we are being careful and this seems to be working. Making small cut backs here and there. We now have a taste london card which quite a few restaurants are happy to accept on certain days of the week - for every meal you buy you get one free

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

When I have money I spend it....if I don't have money I can't spend it.

How about you Mini...what do you do with your money?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I have switched my vacations from cruises to tent camping. I don't drive as often. I still eat out once or twice a week using groupon or other 50% off coupons. I shop more at yard sales and look for bargains at stores.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit