Watchtower June 15 2015, Misleading Reference to Past Statement...

by BluesBrother 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If this has been posted up before, then I missed it.....

They call this organization "The Truth" so we might expect it to be accurate . They themselves They have previously championed honesty :

Live With Jehovah’s Day in Mind (2006) p115 par 9

"When a Christian phrases things in such a way that he inwardly knows is is leading brothers to a wrong conclusion, to believe something that is really not true, not accurate, how do you think God feels?"

This new WT study article states :

"Live In Harmony With The Model Prayer - Part 1 (page 22 para 12)

"When the time approached for God’s Kingdom in the hands of Jesus to start ruling from heaven, Jehovah helped his people to understand the timing of events. In 1876, an article written by Charles Taze Russell was published in the magazine Bible Examiner. That article, “Gentile Times: When Do They End?,” pointed to 1914 as a significant year. The article linked the “seven times” of Daniel’s prophecy with “the appointed times of the nations” spoken of by Jesus. *

Back when I was a regular dub I would have taken that to mean that CTR had written in 1876 similar things about 1914 as is believed today ....but what did he write?

Due to the wonders of the 'net we no longer have to rely on WT quotations . The text is easily Googled.

"..Seven Times will end in A D 1914 when Jerusalem shall be delivered forever and the Jew say of his Deliverer "Lo, this is our God, we have waited for him and he will save us" When Gentile governments shall have been dashed to pieces , when God shall have poured out his fury upon the nations".........

Sounds different to me. He may have spoke of the end of the Gentile Times, which they have chosen to stick with, but the reality is totally different.

In Orwell's 1984 it is acknowledged that "He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”...

it seems that the WT writers went to the Orwell school of disinformation but we have news for you WTS...In the 21st Century nobody controls the present medium!

• sir82
    sir82

They do this so frequently that probably most if not all in the writing department have come to believe the misinformation.

Here is another quote:

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

Vladimir Lenin

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower's misrepresentation of CT Russell on 1914 gets more explicit: Taught what about 1914?

Every organization on the face planet earth has lots of error buried in its archives, but to lie about the error and extent of the error is telling, and to keep on lying about it is again telling.

• pronomono
    pronomono
    Excellent quotes, BluesBro. The first quote was new to me.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Among Watchtower's more diabolical deceptions is how it presents information to children for their consumption. It teaches JW children to believe something that is demonstrably misleading about healthcare choices and even gives these children a printed cheat-sheet on the exact lie they should tell. See Watchtower’s Version of “Truth”

• pixel
    pixel
    Marked.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    The reason they want all their old books confiscated/destroyed is so they can create their own past and rewrite their own history without evidence to contest it.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I love this stuff but it is so frustrating. Why? because it is true facts and clear evidence of the witnesses polishing their past, but on the flip side its the most impossible thing to use to try and wake someone up. because as I posted before, they care little about truth if it interferes with UNITY, I would love to show this to witness family, but they would freak out, 'WHERE DID YOU FIND SUCH OLD MATERIAL ON THE ORG"???? "YOU MUST BE TALKING TO APOSTATES!!" The truth sadly takes a back seat. But I love this, thank you for your hard work.
  • jhine
    jhine

It is sooo frustrating isn't it that Witnesses just do not want to listen the obvious contradictions in their history .

"It's those nasty apostates telling lies " is the answer to everything .

Jan

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I must say they are a most impressive mind control society, to with the same mouth say they have always been gods chosen organization directed by Holy Spirit, and then say you can not use our old words, that is apostate. It's utterly dumbfounding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit