Why the Memorial Is Held on the Wrong Day

by Leolaia 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Bump Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The 2017 Memorial will be held on Tuesday, April 11, 2017.

The 2018 Memorial will be held on Saturday, March 31, 2018.

The 2019 Memorial will be held on Friday, April 19, 2019.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

14th of Nisan, 5777 = Mon, 10 April 2017

Locally, the JW-event is tonight. Tue, 11 April 2017 which is 24h late because 14th of Nisan (Passover Preparation) starts on 10 April.

This year the Passover event is being held on Tuesday April 11 – Monday April 17. While this is the official date, in the Jewish calendar the holiday actually kick starts on the evening of the previous day on Monday April 10 which is when the "Lord's Evening Meal" was retroactively instituted.

• lusitano o tuga
    lusitano o tuga

2016 was a tremendous error , 29 days of gap!

• lusitano o tuga
    lusitano o tuga

they forgot the loop years!

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Anony Mous,

Actually, the Jehovah's Witnesses are holding the Memorial on Nisan 16 this year.

The first night of Passover was Monday night, and that was Nisan 15 (we Jews observe it on the 15th and NOT the 14th, as the 14th is the Day of Preparation). The Full Moon of Spring (often called the Pink Moon) waxed fully on Monday night over Jerusalem and the rest of the world.

Tonight the moon has begun to wane, and since sundown it has been the 16th of Nisan. I just had my second Passover Seder tonight (we do it twice, the first night and the second of Passover). The JWs are very off.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Whatever happened to leolia?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Whatever happened to Leolia?

She was a great contributor. Hope she is doing well!

If you're reading this Leolia -- Best wishes to you!

Doc

• bsmart
    bsmart

Time for a bump!

• Whynot
    Whynot

Some suggest that Jesus celebrated the seder meal according to the solar Essene calendar. But i have yet to do the research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit