So angry with myself right now....

by Reality79 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

I think the second time around ( NOT THE LIE) but the truth!Is gonna help the last one you spoke too.

I bet you will hear from him again ....

• journey-on
    journey-on

When you stop worrying about being judged (something JWs are great at doing), you won't have to make up a story. Who cares what they think?

• Reality79
    Reality79

J-Dub encounter Part 3:

LOL! The day is turning out to be very interesting to say the least. I never saw anyone for a long time now suddenly all the dubs are out and about in their droves, possible due to the sunshine.

Earlier I was at Asda picking up a few bits when someone tapped my shoulder. I just KNEW it was going to be another dub and long behold, another character who never liked me when I was there suddenly decides to acknowledge my presence after all this time. Anyhoo, he asked me how I was I said fine. Then he gave me the usual "I was out on the ministry this morning blah blah blah, Bro Jones asked about you the other day (I haven't seen Bro Jones for YEARS and again this was someone who never said much to me)...." and whatnot. So anyway after listening to his usual j-dub diatribe he asked me if I still attend such and such congregation. I told him straight me and my wife no longer attends the meetings. His face immediately dropped as if I just I was recently released from prison. So he said "oh that's a shame" with a bit of scorn in his voice. So he said well hopefully one day, we will return as we "know what it's all about" and with a smile I said "yes we certainly do, who knows what the future may bring". So of course he immediately had to go so we said our goodbyes.

Two interesting things: This is the same person who, the last time I saw him in the hall and tried to make conversation, he couldn't be arsed to even look at me and told me he had to go, yet two minutes later I saw him talking to one of his friends for a good 15 minutes! Secondly, this guy is on the very same congregation as the woman I mentioned in my first post! No doubt she'll be like "but he told me he goes to ****** congregation! He lied!"

So no doubt, Reality79 is going to be the talk of the town in that particular congregation and that circuit. So we're gonna have to be prepared for the usual: unexpected and unwanted home visits and phone calls, more individuals shunning us in public (not that it doesn't happen anyway), evil stares, people spreading even crazier rumours around the circuit etc. I told my sister very briefly and she said she will be prepared for all the questions and typical jdub weird behaviour.

My wife is going to laugh when I pick her up from work and tell her this one lol.

But this is good training because like their Field Circus, the more you do it, the bolder you become!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit