New Here - originally from Tassie now in QLD

by RADHESYAM 12 Replies latest jw friends

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

Well like exdubs my adult life has been a horried rollercoaster of ups and downs

Whilst attending a marriage counselling sesiion for the first time last week, the counsellor told me that is appears strongly that I have PTDS and linked it back to my childhood as a dub

I started doing some research and memories came flooding back

Ironically just 2 days later the dubs knocked on my door Saturday morning. My instant reaction was "NO! Im a D/A... BYE" coz I know they WONT talk to me, so that was a *PHEW* moment.

but yeah it got me thinking and I have a LOT to work thru.

I joined this site hoping to find old friends and learn some ways to get past the BORG thinking that is screwing my life.

My details:

Carol (32 years old)

Hobart Central / Hobart South Central (after congo split early 90's) Tasmania Australia

D/A 1996

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hi,

I don't know you as I come from, and live in, NSW but Welcome anyway!!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Hi/Hello from the U.S.A.

Welcome to the forum

May your stay be long and prosperous.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Carol, welcome to the board. I grew up in Hobart Central congregation. However I left in 1991 and moved to Sydney. My family are still there, you will know Michael Krunic, my uncle, and maybe my father, Terry Grundy. I am not sure I remember your name, so not sure if you were there before I left, and you would have only been 12.

I know how to get in touch with a couple of the girls that were your age and have also stopped going to meetings, so can contact them for you if you would like.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN!

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome to the forum Carol

Glad you found us here, I hope this site helps you as it helped me.

3Mozzies [From Melbourne]

• Gayle
    Gayle

Good for you leaving JWs. You can get better and stronger with time. Realize you are a 'survivor' actually. When one was a youth in JWdom, there's more identity stuff to unravel and develop. This is common. But you can do it. Keep reading, like 'Crisis of Conscience' by Ray Franz or other books

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

PTDS

?? is it supposed to be PTSD, or something different?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Carol and a big welcome from me in the UK. I'm sure you will benefit from being here, I certainly have.

Loz x

• sabastious
    sabastious
    ?? is it supposed to be PTSD, or something different?

typo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit