MEMORIAL AT THE KINGDOM HALL OVERFLOWING WITH NEWCOMERS?

by steve2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

Took my mother to the doc today and on the way she was telling me what a huge crowd they had last night. Standing room only.

They always use a community center next to the sheriff's dept and 2 or 3 congregations all meet together. That's probably why it looked like so many people there.

Then she said the number of annointed is really low. I said, "No, it's not. It's up to about 11,000 now." Then she mumbled something about some being replaced. I explained to her if you have 2 of something and lose 1 and replace it with 1 you still have 2. She thought for a minute then said, "Well, I guess we're not supposed to try to figure it out." I told her, Yes you are. It is supposed to make sense.

On a side note, I had my GPS on giving us directions to the doc's office. She was fascinated. She kept asking how it knew where we were.

She finally said it must be DEMONIZED to know all that!! (she's about 84)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Your mother sounds really cute

• JRK
    JRK

One family is the highlight locally.

JK

• steve2
    steve2

I saw a small number of older JWs out door knocking and one Saturday earlier this month. Later that morning, when my partner and I were at a local cafe, 4 teenage Jws came in for their morning break. They seemed to be nice kids and having quiet fun as they consumed their drinks. "Good on them for knowing how to relax" I said to my partner, adding that "back in my day" - the 1960s and 70s - the idea of stopping door-knocking mid-morning to indulge one's need for food and drink would have been severely frowned upon!

I must say it felt both strange and a lovely relief to see a group of young Jws and not feel the slightest urge to reach out to them. I must have finally grown up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit