HOME FROM THE MEH-MORIAL....GETS WORSE EVERY YEAR.....

by Mary 31 Replies latest jw friends

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Glad i'm not there! I always hated the memorial even back when I first started studying. i remember all the build up and our first time what a disappointment it was more boring than the regular meetings and all the parking lot confusion and rushing in and out people dressing up like it was something special.

We looked at each other and said that was it? I never did get all the hoopla

• Mary
    Mary
    Why do you go Mary...family???

Yep.

Think About It said: Mary.......you left out the important part. How hot did you look.

Ah geeze....you're worse than Minimus! I was hot last night. Some idiot had the heat jacked up and I was boiling. So I took off all my clothes.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Ah geeze....you're worse than Minimus!

Thank you.

Think About It

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I wouldn't go to one of those even if I was offered a good sum of money and a dinner at a 5 star restaurant afterward.

They sound even nuttier then they were 30 years ago.

Like I said previously today the memorial is just used by the JWs as a opportunity

to stir up devoted followers instilled with Watchtower's own self supporting propaganda.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so sorry for you Mary! But look how pleased you made your folks! That was kind of you
    Now about the guy that came up to you,I bet I can imagine why!!!GOSSIP!
    He probably had a bug put in his ear

" This is a sister that hasnt been coming for a long time!!! She has never been married
    why dont you try to encourage her!!!!Jehovah may use you as your a newcomer,& shes
    lonely !!!!"

SO the guy!!!! did his best!!!!!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

LOL.....I went with my mother, FOR my mother last night.

The 'speaker' said there were 11,000 last year.

I started laughing, people looked at me. Ummmmm, there were 8,000 when I gave the talk a few years ago.

Apparently, they are coming back from heaven LOL LOL

But the funniest comment of the night was when the 'speaker' read the daily text ......where it stated that the evil does hanging next to Jesus KNEW about a paradise earth..... that's right KNEW about the paradise earth.

WTF??? He had just got done asking Jesus if he was in fact King of the Jews.....how did he know about a paradise earth? Didn't the JW's start preaching that hope around 1935???

Totally insane. Not one person even flinched.

• JRK
    JRK

I didn't please the fam this year, as I haven't for years. I will let you down, I will make you hurt. Trent.

JK

• Glander
    Glander

"... This is a sister that hasnt been coming for a long time!!! ..." Maybe he took this literally and felt challenged.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Mary, question for you or anyone else who attended the memorial.......

Our speaker, who was again imported from Bethel, said something to the effect that....... 'everyone must (and he stressed the word must) attend meetings regularly.'

It came across as a threat more than anything else, and also as a disperate attempt to get congregation meeting attendance up.

I got the impression from that statement that WTBTS is feeling the pinch of more & more JWs are missing more & more meetings.

Did you hear a similar statement?

• godrulz
    godrulz

As a non-JW (ever), I asked why the number went up last year. It seems they would count everyone, even if they had a big cross or a pentagram on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit