HOME FROM THE MEH-MORIAL....GETS WORSE EVERY YEAR.....

by Mary 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Well, I walked in and got the love-bombing before I even made it past the foyer. Everyone's missed me, everyone's thrilled that I came, blah, blah, blah. To be fair though, there were a few there that I do miss so it was nice to see them. The opening song---The Lord's Evening Meal was terrible, as they changed the notes around so now it sounds like a freaking death march. Sat down and listened to the talk and we all know that they use a pre-approved outline made up no doubt, by Jehovah himself.

In years past, I found it both insulting and angering that there was little mention of Jesus and the entire focus was on who gets to partake of the emblems. This year was even nuttier than usual. Even less mention of Jesus this year (no surprise there), but there wasn't anywhere near the time spent on 'who gets to partake' as there was about every other subject that had absolutely nothing to do with the night Jesus died. They read from Genesis 2 after talking about why we're all sinners and he started going on and on about all the thousands of different kinds of fruit trees there would have been in the Garden of Eden and how Adam was never deprived of hunger and I thought 'WTF?' How the hell does that have anything to do with the night Jesus died?

He then went on about Daniel 2:44 and God's government and how close we are to seeing it--------And I'm sitting there thinking 'You gonna mention Jesus at all?' Nope. Hell he even made more mention of the earthquake in Japan than what he did Jesus. One thing that struck me though was when they were passing the wine around. He emphasized that the wine represented Jesus' blood that was sacrificed---it wasn't his actual blood they were drinking. I suddenly thought "ya, so why don't you use that same logic when it comes to bloodrepresenting life---it's not more precious than life itself you assholes."

He then started going from Psalms (to 'prove' that 99.99% of humans do not belong in heaven) to Corinthians to Revelation to I-can't-remember-where to prop up the main purpose of being there: so that we can't participate. He even said "Will there be any here who will partake tonight? Probably not." Ya, like that's not a huge red flag that they're very uncomfortable with the numbers going up every year. LOL. After the closing prayer, some greaseball came up to me as I was talking to an old friend and introduced himself. He's either divorced or widowed and he wanted me to know that he was horny 'available'. Uh, ya....thanks for letting me know buddy. I didn't recognize him so he must've moved into the congregation in the last few years after I stopped going.

Anyway, got the hell out of there and no, I will not be going to the 'special talk' on May 1st (if this System lasts that long!). Sometimes I think it's almost good that I go to the Memorial as a reminder as to why I left this ridiculous religion.

Total snorefest and crazy to boot.................

• snowbird
    snowbird

Meh-morial.

Good one!

That's my primary reason for leaving, Mary.

I echo Mary of Magdala - "They have taken our Lord away ... "

Syl

• Poztate
    Poztate

Feel sorry for you Mary having to go for family.

Sounds like the boy giving the talk threw in a few thoughts of his own.

Maybe he is one of them nointed guys and just giving you nuliteā„¢

Sorry you didn't "get lucky" with the greaseball afterward...LOL

I managed to miss it again for the third year now.Still some pressure but my family walked out the door without me.

I really just can't support this cult in the least anymore.

POZ

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Why do you go Mary...family???

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

I also went to the memorial, very nutty like always as Mary said.. The speaker didn't go into the Genesis at all, and genuinely tried to focus on Jesus with the subpar outline dropped from "above" He just went over the usual "Who Partake?" which took a good 10-15 minutes.. I was biting my tongue throughout.. Once the the emblems were passed (They cheaped out this year, the bread looked much more like Saltines) They invited everyone to the Special talk and of course, plugged in "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" and to run to your nearest brother to start a study

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Home from the memorial too. two weeks were spent deliving 15,000 tracts and 1 person from the territory come. The rest were the usual crowd, the disfellowshipped, family members that make the effort year after year to come to this event. What a farce!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Was this you after you got home tonight . . . ?

• sabastious
    sabastious

THERE WERE SO MANY TYPES OF FRUIT! DAMN YOU! YOU GREEDY DIRTY APES! YOU ONLY HAD TO TO AVOID ONE. ONE! DAMN US ALL TO HELL!

• jay88
    jay88

What a coincidence The ratio of jehovahs witnesses to people on earth and the ratio of partakers to active jehovahs witnesses

• garyneal
    garyneal

I missed the whole shebang thanks to my daughter.

I went, fully expecting to sit through that nonsense, asking myself should I partake because I did not want to reject Jesus. Then I thought, well I would only be rejecting the WT Jesus. But hey, like I said, I missed it all. I was busy in the hallway with my daughter the whole time.

My sister in law went, dressed in a short skirt that went above the knee. Her daughter was a riot too. She and I were outside talking about my daughter's up and coming birthday party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit