Answer from a JW friend about blood

by uncle_onion 36 Replies latest jw friends

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

here we go! I tried to access that site, hawk but it was down so I will again later. here is my Bobs last mail to me and my reply. In mylast e mail to him I mentioned that JWs have died because of gb doctrine, only for the doctrine to be changed later on.I also mentioned malawi and mexico:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 11 February 2002 17:03
    To: uncle_onion
    Subject: Re: earth

what happened in mexico and malawi?
    just a quick one . a brother who 2 weeks agao gave a
    talk at ourhall.He runs the heart -Lung macchine that
    keeps you alive during a bypass orheart transplant. he
    said when organ transplants were first started . many
    pints of blood were used. He said during a liver
    transplant up to 40 pints could be transfused. He
    works at Rhode IslandHospital. and hasseen
    manytransplants. Now organs arepacked in ice for the
    travel and a fluid is pumped into the organ. The organ
    needsno blood. because it is not beating such as a
    heart or a kidney is not filtering or creating urine.
    The whole Idea is to preserve the tissue. So this
    fluid is used to replacethe blood in the organ which
    keeps. the organ alive. So now we have the technology
    to transplant organs which was not available 30-40
    years ago.
    I can e-mail you the info as soon ashe send it to me.
    Rhode Island hospital hasthe biggest bloodless surgury
    unit in new england. many people go there besidesJ.W

bob

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Bob

The issue about transplants was not about blood in them but was about cannibalism.I willl come back to you re Malawi and mexico.

Take care

JOHN

*** w67 11/15 702-4 Questions from Readers ***

Questions from Readers

• Is there any Scriptural objection to donating one's body for use in medical research or to accepting organs for transplant from such a source?-W. L., U.S.A.

A number of issues are involved in this matter, including the propriety of organ transplants and autopsies. Quite often human emotion is the only factor considered when individuals decide these matters. It would be good, though, for Christians to consider the Scriptural principles that apply, and then make decisions in harmony with these principles so as to be pleasing to Jehovah.-Acts 24:16.

First, it would be well to have in mind that organ transplant operations, such as are now being performed in an attempt to repair the body or extend a life-span, were not the custom thousands of years ago, so we cannot expect to find legislation in the Bible on transplanting human organs. Yet, this does not mean that we have no indication of God's view of such matters.

When Jehovah for the first time allowed humans to eat animal flesh, he explained matters this way to Noah: "A fear of you and a terror of you will continue upon every living creature of the earth and upon every flying creature of the heavens, upon everything that goes moving on the ground, and upon all the fishes of the sea. Into your hand they are now given. Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to you. Only flesh with its soul-its blood-you must not eat." (Gen. 9:2-4) That allowance was made to Noah, from whom every person now alive descended. Hence, it applies to all of us.

Humans were allowed by God to eat animal flesh and to sustain their human lives by taking the lives of animals, though they were not permitted to eat blood. Did this include eating human flesh, sustaining one's life by means of the body or part of the body of another human, alive or dead? No! That would be cannibalism, a practice abhorrent to all civilized people. Jehovah clearly made a distinction between the lives of animals and the lives of humans, mankind being created in God's image, with his qualities. (Gen. 1:27) This distinction is evident in His next words. God proceeded to show that man's life is sacred and is not to be taken at will, as may be done with the animals to be used for food. To show disrespect for the sanctity of human life would make one liable to have his own life taken.-Gen. 9:5, 6.

When there is a diseased or defective organ, the usual way health is restored is by taking in nutrients. The body uses the food eaten to repair or heal the organ, gradually replacing the cells. When men of science conclude that this normal process will no longer work and they suggest removing the organ and replacing it directly with an organ from another human, this is simply a shortcut. Those who submit to such operations are thus living off the flesh of another human. That is cannibalistic. However, in allowing man to eat animal flesh Jehovah God did not grant permission for humans to try to perpetuate their lives by cannibalistically taking into their bodies human flesh, whether chewed or in the form of whole organs or body parts taken from others. ...

Modern science has developed many different types of operations that involve human body parts, some common and usually successful and others experimental and often unsuccessful. It is not our place to decide whether such operations are advisable or warranted from a scientific or medical standpoint. It would be well, though, for Christians faced With a decision in this regard to consider the indication as to God's viewpoint presented in the Scriptures.-Eph. 5:10. ...

It should be evident from this discussion that Christians who have been enlightened by God's Word do not need to make these decisions simply on the basis of personal whim or emotion. They can consider the divine principles recorded in the Scriptures and use these in making personal decisions as they look to God for direction, trusting him and putting their confidence in the future that he has in store for those who love him.-Prov. 3:5, 6; Ps. 119:105. [Empahsis added

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Its up and running now.

hawk

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

I have printed them out and wlill read them myself before I send them to him.

UO

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

First of all, as to scriptural support for taking or not taking Blood.
    The Bible says not to eat blood. Why? All God's laws had/have practicle purpose so why not eat blood? Because it was dangerous- disease was transfered this way and all the pagan nations would catch them because they ignored this law of God. Since that basicly is not a danger today should we eat blood? No. God says you shouldn't but he also teaches a few principles in the Bible that need to be included in any legalistic study. First of all, Matt. 15:11 says that it is not what goes into a mans mouth that makes him unclean but what comes out of it. Secondly, Consider Matt. 12:9-14. Jesus heals a man on the Sabath which is unlawful-- no work at all on the Sabath allowed. Jesus in the passage sets aside a small law in order to save a life-- just as the accusing people would have done for even a farm animal of theirs. Consider which is better: Saving a persons life with a simple medical procedure (that does not go against God's law) or refusing the simple and safe procedure for the sake of legalism--
    Matt.12:7:
    If you knew what these words mean, " I desire mercy, not sacrifice," you would have not condemned the innocent.

If one wants to stricly follow levitical law then JWs should not be eating any unbled meat-- only kosher like the Jewish people and follow all dietary laws. But they don't-- the only dietary law they seem to care about is not 'eating' blood. Why follow one law and not the others? Lack of maturity and understanding of the Bible is why.
    Also, tangent here ,

when i had bad times as a
    catholic all i had to do was show up fou the SUNDAY
    CEREMONY AND PAY THE 3 COLLECTIONS . THE CHAPLAINS IN
    THE ARMY BLESSED OUR M16 RIFLES. THE PROTESTANT ONES
    AND JEWES DID THE SAME. YOUR PROBLEM IS JOHN YOU LOOK
    AT THE STRAW IN THE SOCIETIES EYES AND FORGET THE
    RAFTER IN FALSE RELIGIONS EYES. SOME ONE TOLD ME
    RECEINTLY APOSTATES ARE LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT. THAT IS
    WHAT YOU ARE DOING.YOU SAID BELIEVE IN JESUS AND YOU
    WILL BE SAVED. HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END WILL BE SAVED
    . STRUGGLE TO GET THROUGH THE NARROW GATE. PREACH THE
    GOOD NEWS ABOUT A PARADISE EARTH. WHERE ARE YOU GOING
    ANSWER ME THAT HEAVEN OR EARTH.

feel the need to answer this prejudice and unintelligent ramble.
    Catholics are not neccessarily the same thing as christian. Some catholics are christian but the church as a whole has many antichristian beliefs. Straw Dog approach.
    Chaplins blessing riffles? don't know if that is accurate or if they were blessing the soldiers-- God ordained many a war and blessed wars that his people fought for righteous reasons even if he didn't directly tell them to fight it. War sucks but in this world is sometime neccessary to save/help the oppressed.
    Straw VS. Rafter-- do they really want to go there
    Hmm. They ignore the Bibles teachings on almost everything but they want to point fingers everytime they see someone thats imperfect?
    Interesting. I thought the society was 'right' though-- what 'straw' does he see in their eye?
    Believing in Jesus is the only way. He scoffs at that which is sad because even his Bible says that. He asks 'where are you going heaven or earth' but he doesn't mean it -- he believes you are going into nonexistance. The question isn't heaven or earth-- it Eternity with God or Eternity apart from God. Even Charles Taze Russel understands that now
    OK, done <>< Angie

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

I sent him that info. Here is his reply:

thehn they are breaking God's Law. All J.W. in the US
    carry that card. I Have never Known anyone who has
    taken blood. That is all I can say.It is a legal
    Document Signed by 2 witnesses, and states what we
    accept. I am a typical J.W. That is my stand
    that is all I can say It is written on a legal
    document . That else do you want.
    P,S Does your new religion accept Blood, Have you or
    any of your family been vacinated? In The US there are
    many diseases in which it is the Law to be vaccinated
    for MUMPS<RUBELA<MEASLES<CHICKEN
    POCKS<HEPITITIS<WHOOPING COUGH> THEY ARE MADE FROM
    ANTIBODIES TAKEN FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM THEN
    CULTURED IN EGGS< THESE ANTIBODIES ARE TAKEN FROM
    PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM AND GIVEN TO THOSE WHO DO NOT
    HAVE THEM . they are part of an immune system. Do you
    get vaccinated ? does your New true religion accept
    them?

I wrote back:

bob

first of all I do not have a new relgion!

second did you notice that the white cell transplant was authorised by Bethel?

JOHN

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

just bringing this up[ to the top

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks for bringing this up to the top.

I wonder what had happened to this but I have been away for almost 4 days.

I wonder if you have stumped him on the white blood cell stuff.

He will no doubt fire an Email back saying this white blood cell stuff is all made up. Stick to your guns and tell him to write bethal or contact the nearest HLC.

Tell him to take the science article with him that talks about Witnesses allowing a white blood cell transfer as long as it is called a periferal blood stem cell autographing procedure and not a white blood cell transfusion even though both do the same thing - taking a banned blood product out of the human body, storing it for later and then replacing it back in the human body later.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit