Proof That The "Truth" Is A Cult

by metatron 16 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Once upon a time, an elder approached Brother Discouraged in the back of the Kingdom Hall. He said, "We've missed you at the meetings. Is there some problem?"

Brother Discouraged replied, "Yes, I have lost all faith that God exists".

The elder then comforted Brother Discouraged , "I understand how you might feel that way, given all the trials we have to face. I would like to meet with you later to share some encouragement".

But at another occasion......

the same elder approaches Brother Faded in the back of the Kingdom Hall. He said, " We've missed you at the meetings. Is there some problem?"

Brother Faded replies, " Yes, I have lost all faith in the Governing Body and the Organization".

This time the elder says, "I think we need to examine this later. You need to meet with me and two other elders in the Library about this".

One triggers compassion, the other - judgement. Yet, they are mostly the same, in practical effect.

One man has rejected God. The other rejects a work of men. One is 'allowed', one isn't

..............and "a work of men" is what a cult is all about.

metatron

• garyneal
    garyneal

Good analysis, seems to go to show who they really follow.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Sad...but true

Sw

• boyzone
    boyzone

To be honest I can see the elders being just as twitchy about someone doubting God as the Governing Body. For to doubt the Governing Body IS to doubt God in their eyes. For the Governing Body is God.

That, to me is why they're a cult.

• moshe
    moshe

God exists, because the GB says the JWs are God's earthly organization- now that is something tangible that you can hang your hat on. No God= no GB= no JWs, either, bummer.-

• sabastious
    sabastious

Brother Discouraged and Brother Faded are treated with the same antidote, but neither are actually poisened.

-Sab

• the max
    the max

If i can add my tuppence worth, I think your analysis is spot on,ultimately we have to have faith that god exists, ok, you could argue we have an abundance of circumstantial evedence, but you still need faith. There is no doubt that the GB exists,we have there names, ages blah blah. So to have doubts about an entity we cant see or prove,is understandable,easpecially as there is an overwhelming belief in evolution, taught and promoted everywhere. It,s perhaps understandable that some may doubt, even temporarily,as your example implies.However to doubt the voracity of the the Old Age Pensioners, in Brooklyn smelling of stale piss, with prostate problems. Is however a judicial matter, PLEASE how can anyone beleive this crap let alone condone it, I inadvertantly ventured into the Scottish Convention in Perth Scotland , I ventured into a world unseen,We the little people, nerver see, These C--ts living a life off Rutherford , I thought I was in a different world, Not for me me, never again, I will never pay for these parasites, to villify me, and live in luxury. and I pay them to come here, and chastise me, Fuck off !!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The JWS source of holy spirit comes directly from the GB members ( executive editors/writers and marketing managers ),

who they claim is the only true channel here on earth directed by god .

Unfortunately the WTS is a diversely corrupt publishing corporation that is structured on exploitation and manipulation toward its adherents.

Inside of this religious corporation is a really disingenuous business profile, deceitfully disguised as true holy spirit solemnly from god.

Hence the the WTS has been accurately defined now has a Publishing cult, full of marketable promises, along with the unavoidable

failures complacent on those promises.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think that is spot on.

At my disfellowshipping i told them that i no longer had a relationship with God, believed he did not care about individuals and that i could not feel repentance for hurting a being that did not care about me.

There was much gnashing of teeth on the elders part that evening. Those men were genuinely pained and tried to help me.

I wonder at times if i knew then what i know now what they may have done...

oz

• scotoma
    scotoma

This is NOT proof that the "truth" is a cult. Metatron has described one of many hypothetical scenarios.

Proof requires more than a hypothetical situation.

JW's are a religion. All religion is clinging to an obsolete map of reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit