Changes are coming

by startingover 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

People always look at past trends and extrapolate into the future. This is often a mistake. China is over.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

China is over.

LOL.

• mf6
    mf6

Yes - changes are coming. And they have come. I think the pace of change wil acellerate. But I don't believe this means some doomsday scenario.

Manufacturing jobs are (and have been) moved overseas. But this has also resulted in cheaper prices for us.

Things will be different. In jobs which can be easily outsourced wages in the U. S. will be under pressure. Our challenge as a society is to adapt. It is very difficult to try to be like you were 10,20, 30 years ago. It is painful. People are and will be hurt.

I think this has actually been going on for several decades. The world has changed. The U. S. economy can't isolate itself very easily.

I believe we can adapt. We may not be the most dominant in the sorld in the future. But again, I don't see doomsday.

mf6

• undercover
    undercover
    I was looking for that human colony living on the inside of a huge gigantic disc in space complete with lakes and forests if anyone knows the picture I mean...

You mean this one?

But too bad you only got to enjoy it until the age 30.... then you had to go to Carousel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit