My daughter asked me why we don't go to meetings

by JWinprotest 22 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'm not a parent so of course I can speek authoratively on the subject .

Seriously I think you cant start young enough with kids who know about the truth (i.e. have been to the hall have relatives in the 'truth.)

A friend of mine who left says how his mom is pressuring him to read the book of bible stories to his kids and 'at least let her take them to the meetings.' We all know they will use the conditioning program to get the kids to believe that satan has gotten to mom and dad and how the kids need to make stand or some bullshit like that.

Its rough the thought you have to actively deprogram kids at such a young age but this cult has no sense of fair play. The last thing you want is a seed being planted in your children, because you wanted to spare them the truth about 'the truth.'

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi all,

I am so grateful to my loving wife who said she would leave me if I tried to bring my three children up in the witness mindset, I looked into Coc and found out that this religion is a cult then thankfully my parents and my children have got out of the witnesses which I am grateful for!

However I am still in the angry stage, at last the children are now safe, my young life was lost and am now unable to compete in a finanncial world ill equipped to function in a secular world , it's a pity I cannot sue the evil b******s who ruined my life, let's hope someone can bring down the tower!!!!

Star Tiger

At leased we have saved our children!!!!!

• scarredforlife
    scarredforlife

As someone who was raised from birth as a JW, I would say it's very possible that your daughter is full of fear that she and her parents are going to die at Armageddon very soon. Her grandmothers may be making the fear worse. Children do hear what is being said at meetings. Horrible, horrible religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit