The following is a test of the JW logical response system. This is only a test.......

by Mr. Falcon 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I was going to write this whole big thing regarding something that recently happened to me, but I wasn't sure how much feedback it would attract. Therefore, I'll just ask this question:

Has anyone here ever voiced displeasure or experienced difficulties due to clearly rude, incompetant, greedy or otherwise inappropriate behavior from fellow JWs, only to be told that you are simply being "tested"?

Please tell me that I'm not alone in experiencing this idiotic response.

I need a drink.

• undercover
    undercover

You are not alone.

I kicked an elder out of my home over his inappropriate behavior. Only those that were present knew that I was in the right, but the story circulated around afterwards that I was the obstinate one and refusing direction. I had failed the test that Jehovah had set up for me. WTFever...

It has been my experience that anything you experienced that wasn't a bed of roses was a test from either Satan or Jehovah. If it came from outside the congregation, then Satan was testing you. If it came from within the congregation then Jehovah was testing you.

In either case you still need a drink.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Falcon... yes!!! this most certainly is a typical response...

Another "similar" response I've gotten is: "The devil picks on Jehovah's favorite JWs so you should feel fortunate that you're being tested. It's a sign that you have won Jehovah's favor and an opportunity for you to show Jehovah that you're faithful til the end..."

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

undercover, the person who was trying to "encourage" me would whole heartedly agree that Bro. So&So is a complete asshat and everyone else thinks it too or yeah, this or that policy is really stupid. But then he kept wrapping it up by saying something to the effect that this is all just a "test" for me. He never said who was testing me, just that I'm being "tested" and having my "gold refined" (whatever the hell that means).

So God is testing me? isn't there some scripture in James or something about how God doesn't test you with adverse things? So if he is indeed testing me, wouldn't that be a bit like me hiring other men to try to flirt with my wife when I'm not around to "test" whether she's loyal to me?

I'm no philosopher, but that seems at tad bit facked up, yes?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i bet you were stumbling some folks. of course you, the stumbler, has to be corrected, not the ones who stumble all the time.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

"The devil picks on Jehovah's favorite JWs so you should feel fortunate that you're being tested. It's a sign that you have won Jehovah's favor and an opportunity for you to show Jehovah that you're faithful til the end..."

wow, Alfred, they will twist it anyway they can!

• undercover
    undercover

Hans, booby...

it's more than a tad bit fucked up... it's royally fucked up

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

i bet you were stumbling some folks.

J. Hofer, actually this is why I didn't come right out and ask him WHO it was that was "testing" me. Didn't want to give too much away or send up 1,000 red flags. At least not yet.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Also if you ''fail'' a test then it was jehovah refining and clearing out his congregation! WTFrickness?????

Peace

• Poztate
    Poztate
    In either case you still need a drink.

Well that's the good part

I seem to recall a comment from an assembly that half of the witnesses were there to test the other half.

I think it was said tongue in cheek but who knows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit