PBS Program- Secrets of the Bible- Old Testament

by Band on the Run 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

For the Ozzies, SBSTWO has The Bible Unearthed starting 7:30pm Tuesday 19th April

http://icarusfilms.com/new2006/bib.html

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

Any uk links? I can't access it.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Why can't someone just profess that they still have faith in God on this board without an athiest trying to "deconvert" them? Maybe those who are still Christian, have evidence, reasoning and experiences that prove to THEM that God does exist?

There is a lot of archeaologic evidence showing the bible is truthful about people, places and events. What most disagree with are the faith stories of the bible. That is fine if you don't believe. Others do, why not let them decide for themselves?

Some people (myself) included know that not all the bible is to be taken literal. You have allegories, illustrations, mixed with prophecies, histories, poetry and much more. The bible is an ecclectic mix of different types of writtings. We accept each part of it for what it is, including the FAITH parts because it is a faith book. So while it has no meaning for non-believers it has much meaning to believers.

Even if we don't understand everything about the bible, that is fine too. Being a Christian for most people (unlike in the WT) is about a personal relationship with Christ that all true believers experience. We follow the teachings of OUR Lord Jesus Christ. Since Jesus' teachings were mostly about love and peace, I don't see why you would be concerned about people wanting to follow them?

People have followed and in fact idolized the likes of Hitler, Charles Manson, David Koresh, Pol Pot and lots of other Heinous people. If someone wants to do the same for Jesus Christ, even if thier faith turns out to be in vain, what does it matter to an athiest anyway, if YOU believe this life is ALL there is? so when they die and go to the grave, according to you, their faith in Christ goes with them.

BandontheRun, Congrats that the WT was not able to obliterate your faith! Welcome to the board, peace to you, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit