I ended my bible study today

by still thinking 52 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thank you Carla & Band on the Run what you say is so true. I dont think it is imperitive that I have someone else to study with. But in saying that, I do enjoy discussing the bible. And I think I benefit from others opinions because then it is not only my understanding and experience I am basing my reasoning on.

I am very aware that I need to ground myself. I find myself looking at anything and everything at the moment. Thank you for your reinforcement of this. It has amazed me how loving and supportive the people on this site are.

ziddina Yes this is true, the info here is wonderful, but it doesn't replace actual human interaction. In fact, I am finding that spending too much time on here has a negative effect. I suppose its a matter of finding balance. Too much of anything is not a good thing.

• still thinking
    still thinking

punkofnice I agree, to just read the bible on its own seems foreign to many witnessess I have met. Maybe they are afraid to do so because they might come to "wrong conclusions" of what is written in there.

That apostate thing has such a strong hold. When I started to question UN involvement, and they knew I was reading other books and info that wasn't approved, that word just kept coming into the conversation. It is used as a weapon to instill fear.

Ironically, when we would discuss something they would point out that there are always two sides to the story (meaning theirs), however, they weren't willing to look at any other side other than theirs. So blind its scary.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Still thinking . . . Christ himself reproved the Pharisees for "searching the scriptures because you think by means of them you will find everlasting life" . . . a largely selfish motive if the truth be told. And yet I will now admit that this was a prime motive for me also. I suspect I am not alone in that.

By contrast . . . the example and recommendations Christ gave were as much about how we view and treat others, as they were about personal benefit . . . and regarding himself said . . . "he who has seen me has seen the Father also"

There is a lot to be said for spending time 'in the red' . . . and you don't need a DJEggNog (or anyone else) for that.

Indeed . . . if one ponders "motive" . . . therein dwells the identity of the "Christian" . . . the inner man. Not belief in doctrines, dates or even aligning oneself with an identifiable group

I don't wish to point finger . . . but certain religions identify their collective "motive" quite clearly, and for that reason can be found at odds with what you read "in the red"

Again, I wish you well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit