Ohhh for crying out loud, were worldly people always inviting you to stuff?!?!?!

by miseryloveselders 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I agree with kudra, get out there! You just might have yourself a good time!

• baltar447
    baltar447

mmmmm Scully...

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I just made it to this part "Last Friday, a woman I work with, who reminds me of Scully from the X-Files"

I don't have to read the rest my friend. The answer is this: you're going ... no ifs, and, or buts (except hers) - do this for yourself man. Hell do this for God. Shit man - do this for all us JW males that got married way too early because of the org. We're counting on you goddamn it! Do not let us down.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Maybe it's Jehovah, not Satan, who is providing you with an opportunity to see that "worldly" people are no worse than what you get in the congregations?

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Miz - A Scully lookalike invites you out for a drink with another female freind of hers and you bail? Wow just wow! Talk about missing an open goal! Ok she works with you and workplace romances are not always a good thing but the chance to have a drink a laught with 2 lovely ladies, could lead to them introducing you to other more lovely ladies and instead of miz loves elders it could be miz loves the gf!

On a similar note my wife does something similar! Even with mutual friends, we get invited out and then all of a sudden the WT thinking kicks in and she doesn't want to go and I end up going on my own!

She doesn't even realise she is doing it or what effects it has.

But I point this out to her and the same applies to you, Miz. At somepoint people will stop asking because even if you say yes, you aren't going to show, so why bother asking.

Don't miss the boat!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit