Ohhh for crying out loud, were worldly people always inviting you to stuff?!?!?!

by miseryloveselders 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Get out there and live Misery! The Watchtower wants you to believe it will be one big wild drunken orgy - it is not. Go out and enjoy normal people's company.

• dgp
    dgp

Bookmarked by a Satanic person of this system of things.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You know what, reading all these comments, makes my chest hurt. It gets real tight, almost like I pulled a muscle or something. I'll have to look at this thread later on and do some soul searching, but I have to get out of here. Sigh.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Yes!!! Get out of here and go tell scully girl u r sorry and screwed up, u wanna buy her drink and chat for a while...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I thought you were psychologically WAY further out than you are, Miz. Sorry this is so hard on you, bro.

I will lend my support to the recommendation to both listen to and read Combatting Cult Mind Control. Disagreeing with some doctrine is one thing. Learning how you are being manipulated, mentally violated, by a publishing company, should help you overcome any guilt you might feel for desiring perfectly normal things.

Missing a date with a Gillian Anderson lookalike? Dude, really?

• unshackled
    unshackled

Some of us are more naturally introverted and were already shy about meeting new people or experiencing new things. The WT rule of "no worldly association" was not so much a protection as it was an excuse to never having to try to fit in and learn to socialize.

This is a really good point UC. I know I used to fit into that category. Still catch myself even today thinking that way sometimes. Guess there's still a few of those JW marbles rolling around in my head.

• unshackled
    unshackled

And really misery....like Sweeney said!

• jam
    jam

Misery; You sound just like my son, his social life, but he is

out, no tempting by satan.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Stop being such a JW dork and go out and have a good time. You're not being tempted by satan. You are just being ask out to have a little fun. It is obvious these people like you or they wouldn't ask you to go out with them. You have nothing to lose but your bogus pass into the JW Fantasy Kingdom..... oh, and read Steve Hassan books as leavingwt suggested. I've been out for decades and keep hearing read his books, reads his books. I finally am getting around reading one of the and think it would be very helpful for someone in your situation.

I hope you figure it out soon. Good luck!

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oooooh, boy: you need to get rid of your " ummm the idea of hanging out with worldly women at a nightspot" mind-set!

Get up ON those invitations!!

:D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit