Sincerest apologies from Terra Incognita

by Terra Incognita 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

My sincerest apologies to anyone and everyone on this forum who read my first two threads.

I guess I started posting at a bad time in my life. Not too thoughtful of me but not insincere. I have always been a little lacking in the social graces department partly because of my JW upbringing. What would have been a forthright and honest temperament was twisted by them into an overly blunt and occasionally rude one.

I appreciate the support from those who tried to make me feel welcome, particularly you tec. However, I think I should stop posting altogether as I have made a bad first impression on others. People either love me or hate me and that's partly due to which side of me they see first. Again I'm sorry to have offended anyone. Bye.

TI

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I haven't seen your first two threads, but speaking sincerely from my own heart and reflecting upon my own posting history........you're not the first and you're not the last. I hope you hang around. There's a whole lot of us that are misfits in one definition or another. Please reconsider Terra.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Everyone starts a thread and says whoops....

I think I knew where your heart was....

But it's nice to do what you are doing in case some were ..... bothered or hurt..

You're cool ... we all come from (well not all) from the same place and at times.... we screw up...

I like you and we just met

Wink

PS... You made Mouthy's day with your who your Fav poster.....

Stay and PLAY

• Highlander
    Highlander

We're all dysfunctional. Stick around, you'll fit right in.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

No no no no no! Don't go just yet. Yes, your first posts were a little unusual and perhaps you did have the misfortune of a judgement fail on your second post, but don't give up! Some ppl here are are rather sensitive and groups of them might jump on you like a pack of dogs for posting something that offends them in the slightest.

Hang around and join a few other discussions and just think a little harder before posting another thread. Maybe you could tell us a bit about yourself. Maybe tell us your story? Stick around...

V665V665

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It is only natural to think everyone reads every post but to be honest probably more than 90% of JWN visitors never saw any of your posts prior to this one. I know I haven't.

So don't worry about it. We all say stuff we regret now and then. Think of all the crap we used to spew when we were JDubs! Some people might judge you forever based on the first impression but the vast majority here won't.

As others said, stick around. You'll find yourself growing in positive ways.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome Terre Incognita,

I think because of your JW upbringing you

need to stay with us, everything you run into

here is what you will run into in the real world

the preparation can be helpful, I would really like

to get the chance to see the part people love about you

• pirata
    pirata

Don't go away! First impressions are quickly forgotten in a sea of posts (especially in such a fast moving forum).

• tec
    tec

(((Terra)))

Please stay. Go in peace if you feel you must, but I think these few posts have shown you that no one wants you to leave. You're quite interesting, and we all put our feet in our mouths sometimes. ALL of us ;)

I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Tammy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Everyone makes mistakes, dear. It's a part of life.

The ones who can apologise, are the ones who have my highest respect.

Please stick around, let us get to know you and you get to know us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit