Meeting was totally soulless, joyless

by yadda yadda 2 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

Are you sure you were in the right place? they are the happiest people demonstrating love of god. There was a banquet of spiritual food provided by Gods representatives on Earth. It should have been an uplifting experience or it must have been an off day.

Unfortuantely they rarely live up to their billing.

• Starlion
    Starlion

Right on punk of nice, right on I told my wife this very thing for years that all the talented, intelligent and truly righteous people have left a long time ago. All that remains behind as far as the leadership is concerned, are dullards conmen and outright criminals.

as for the meetings, deadly dull always have been. And now that the truly intelligent people have left. This only going to get worse.

and the music a joke, and a bad one at that I was in the so-called truth for over 35 years. So I ought to know.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

You must not be doing the right thing. If you're not enjoying Jehovah's service, you are doing something wrong so you should do more of it so you can start enjoying it again.

Do I need to add sarcasm tags?

• jam
    jam

How were the friends after the meeting? Were they standing

around in A jovial mood, talking, socializing or they left as quickly

as possible.

• kjw53
    kjw53

I know many JW people who are wonderful righteous folks-Most probably are just ones who are attempting to be a true JW,s but fall way short, and these are the ones the others who fall way short base their opinions on and convince themselves there is no truth there with the JW,s- They feel dead inside because of what is actually inside of themselves. The road is narrow-few will find it. They lack the true understanding because they havent learned to develop the fruits of the spirit- And one cannot possibly judge what is felt in others hearts in reality-The heart is desperate and treacherous who can know it? So God shows right there we dont really even know our own hearts let alone anothers.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am a born in and long since fled. Meetings were always very painful. We attended a convention in NOvia Scotia. My younger sister was around three years old. We were forced to sit next to a Bethelite, sitting with his girlfriend. He put his arm around her. Marriage. My mom had nothing for my sister to do. I used to imagine all sorts of things to not lose my mind. A lot of Western TV shows involving Indians. My sister started to brush her feet against the chair in front of her. The Bethelite interrupted his smooching to take off his belt and hand it to my mother. What love.

My mom was born in herself and felt sorry for us. She allowed me to take a teen fashion doll to a convention. The rules were I had to be quiet. Suzette made things much easier. My mom was criticized for allowing Suzette.

Later, I would endlessly repeat "John Paul, George & Ringo" endlessly inside my mind.

The brothers were very ignorant. I surpassed them by fourth grade. Not that I was so bright but that they were so stupid and ill equipped. Yet hankie must be on head. Many is a time I thought I would die from the boredom. I refused to go and look JW like. My father dragged me against my will and publicly pinched me and pinched me. I can not sing on key. When I wasn't delivering a Met Opera performance, I was kicked publicly. Oh, happy days.

The kids at my church smile. They are actually enjoying themselves. The words of Jesus are not synonmous with wanting to commit suicide to not be bored.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

college, money, internet, worldly people, sex, music, recreation,sports,blood transfusions, critical thinking are all evil.

listen to the faithfull slave or die. work harder in field service, do more, study more, give more you worthless drone.

No way man, the meetings are upbuilding, what are you talking about?

• MartynAndrew
    MartynAndrew

Another meeting about the importance of meetings, please shoot me.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Once you know its a cult, it is absolute Torture trying to sit thru meetings. I used to get sick to my stomache and have chronic headaches. I really feel sorry for anyone who has to go through it.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I used to resort to counting the holes in the ceiling tiles. I would also record my favorite movies onto audiotape so that I could lay in bed and memorize all of the dialogue and timing, so that I could replay the movies in my head to pass the time too. I always gave the restroom and the drinking fountain a hell of a workout. When I was younger, I would incessantly pick at any scratch, sore, or scab, so badly so, that even the tiniest scratch would become infected.

It never sank in that there must be something amiss if I loved Jah & The Organization, but HATED the meetings so much. For a long time, I was convinced that Jehovah actually made time slow down during the meetings because they were supposed to be so good for us, and he wanted us to get all that we could out of them. I always thought it was messed up that time would speed by when I was engaged in an activity that I enjoyed and time would crawl when I was sitting in the KH. I always thought that if I had 3 wishes, one would definitely be that time spent fishing would go by as slowly as "meeting time".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit