April "Pioneers" - a large army

by dozy 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

CTRU or maybe Rutherford U? Sort of like BYU east? I doubt they're ambitious enough to do that but I've always wondered why they haven't.

On the pioneering, I totally agree with Sir82's take but with a slight twist. They will study the numbers of aux pioneers doing the 50 in the coming months. If that number drops below the running 3-5 year average, I imagine they'd consider moving it to 30 going forward (maybe in the 2012 service year or maybe starting with next April). I believe that the average JW will say, "no sense in aux in other months since I can do it in April at 30". I've actually heard many say they hope this becomes a permanent fixture and several speculate that this is a trial balloon.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I really liked Sir82's analysis of the auxiliary pioneering campaign this month. It hits the nail right on the head. I think his projection of future numbers is spot on as well. For what it's worth, the first full moon of spring in 2012 will fall on Friday, 6 April. I don't know if that will be the exact date of the Memorial because of the hocus-pocus way the Governing Body has of determining their date, but if not that date it should fall within a day either side of it.

My Witness friend in Southern California is part of the "large army". He tells me that he is enjoying it especially since the thirty-hour goal is something he can reach. Many others in his congregation are also participating, but he didn't give me any figures. The novelty of the thirty-hour requirement has generated much excitement as other posters have noted. If the numbers are good, I agree that we'll see this campaign revived next year, especially with the Memorial falling as early as it will. But I have to wonder how many will eventually tire of this charade.

Quendi

• Mary
    Mary
    With gas at $4 a gallon in the United Tyranny, I wonder how many can afford to drive around the territory all day and find no one at home.

This could explain why we seem to have an influx of JW apologetics (like djeggnong or Spade/Alice.in.Glueland) on an 'apostate' website who like to sit at their desk 'preaching and teaching' no matter how badly we beat them. I guess they must feel it's easier and cheaper to be on-line looking like a moron than out in public looking like one.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Even 30 hours of "not-at-homes" is extremely boring and in reality not productive.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

$4/gallon is very cheap, in the UK it's almost $10/gallon

• willyloman
    willyloman

In about 4 or 5 years, JWs will reach their saturation point with "30 hour auxiliary pioneering" and the participation rate will hold steady at about 20-25%.

By then, it will be time to offer up the "All New, Spirit Enhanced Pioneer Program." Commitment? 15-20 hours a month.

Just a few decades ago, all JWs were expected to put 10 hours month in FS. It won't be a surprise if they eventually come full circle and make that the aux pio minimum.

It's just another corporation downsizing with the times. With shrinking growth, they are designing a leaner, meaner organization.

• Mary
    Mary
    By then, it will be time to offer up the "All New, Spirit Enhanced Pioneer Program." Commitment? 15-20 hours a month.

Pretty soon, you'll be able to regular pioneer just by opening your eyes in the morning and saying "Jehovah" three times. LOL!!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Call out Jehovah three times before filling out your FS report with the required hours and never seeing the first door. Yep can be done.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I should do a cruise through downtown Seattle and see how many are doing street work - standing on the corner holding up a magazine is (I'm sure) a great way to get your hours in.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I spoke on the phone with a dub friend (I'm still in, just not that active) that the Society was really smart about this, since you could get all your time in with JUST tract work and you wouldn't have to do any "hard" field service. It was like a light bulb went off and he was like, haha, you're right, you're right...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit