April "Pioneers" - a large army

by dozy 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

If only the Gibbering Body knew the reality of this work, Jerkhoobah would strike me down as I speak

• Mary
    Mary

Punkofnice, clearly you have a bad attitude (like Korah) and are spiritually weak in de Troof. Will you be attending the Meh-morial this year?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I still haven't received a Memorial invitation at my door. Hard to believe they haven't hit my neighborhood yet.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Mary - This will be my first year of NOT attending ever.

I told Mrs Punk I could not attend a 'reject the Christ' ceremony that was a copy of the occult 'mock the Christ'. She was very angry with me and has subsequently chosen the GB over me. We still live together but it's awful now.

I find it amazing how she is now regular at all meetings, regular on FS when she just dragged her heels when I was an elder. What's that saying?!?!?

Any way. No. I will not be attending - I'm having communion at the Baptist Church instead...it's more friendly.

I think those who leave the Org are actually a LARGER army than the 30 hour fakers.

I am a 'spiritually weak apostate' that God has reserved a terrible death at armageddon for (subject to overlapping).

• Mary
    Mary
    I told Mrs Punk I could not attend a 'reject the Christ' ceremony that was a copy of the occult 'mock the Christ'.

Is that what it's called? Another poster on here mentioned that to me a few years ago that there was some group of 'devil worshippers' who had a ceremony where they passed around the bread and wine and purposely did not partake as a 'slap in the face' to Jesus. Sounds uneerily like what the Witnesses do.

I am a 'spiritually weak apostate' that God has reserved a terrible death at armageddon

Don't worry hon.....I'll save ya a seat!

• sir82
    sir82

Mark my words, here is what is going to happen:

In 3 or 4 months, when the reports from April are all tabulated, there's going to be a huge hyperventilating KM article about a "global worldwide shout of praise to our heavenly father!!!!!!" along with lots of self-congratulation. I suspect that probably 50-60% of JWs, at least in the US, will have done the 30 hour thing.

Next January, there will be another KM article, something along the lines of "Can we do it again?!?!?!?!?". Once again they'll reduce the hours to 30 for whatever month the memorial falls in.

But then, the participation rate will drop to around 40-50%.

And the cycle will continue, on and on, until the "super duper month of extra special theocratic high power activity" becomes, just like everything else, a dull JW routine. The participation rate will continue to drop, despite the hysterical & hyperbolic KM articles every January.

In about 4 or 5 years, JWs will reach their saturation point with "30 hour auxiliary pioneering" and the participation rate wil hold steady at about 20-25%.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Mary - Don't worry hon.....I'll save ya a seat!

Thanks, babe. Will there be popcorn?

On a side note. Daughter Punk ran out of the room shouting 'Oh, DaaaAAAAaaaaAAAd!' when I mentioned that God was going to murder me soon!!!

Does no one understand what a sense of humour is in the JWs?

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

In 3 south central U.S. congregations

• 70% signed up in Cong A
    • 67% signed up in Cong B
    • 58% signed up in Cong C

There are about 10 other congregations in the circuit. I haven't heard their exact numbers, but through the grapevine more than half have signed up for Aux Pio.

The WTS must have realized the last couple years of campaigns (Kingdom tract campaigns, Dist Conv invites, etc.) was wearing thin. This new "campaign" has infused the publishers like nothing else as of late...at least in this part of the country.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Mark my words, here is what is going to happen:

In 3 or 4 months, when the reports from April are all tabulated, there's going to be a huge hyperventilating KM article about a "global worldwide shout of praise to our heavenly father!!!!!!" along with lots of self-congratulation. I suspect that probably 50-60% of JWs, at least in the US, will have done the 30 hour thing.

Next January, there will be another KM article, something along the lines of "Can we do it again?!?!?!?!?". Once again they'll reduce the hours to 30 for whatever month the memorial falls in.

But then, the participation rate will drop to around 40-50%.

And the cycle will continue, on and on, until the "super duper month of extra special theocratic high power activity" becomes, just like everything else, a dull JW routine. The participation rate will continue to drop, despite the hysterical & hyperbolic KM articles every January.

In about 4 or 5 years, JWs will reach their saturation point with "30 hour auxiliary pioneering" and the participation rate wil hold steady at about 20-25%.

Yep. It's simply numbers and marketing. A plan such as Sir82 identifies gets them five years down the road. Then they can have 'new light' that education isn't bad as long as it's from Jehovah, and they can open up JW University in upper New York.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

With gas at $4 a gallon in the United Tyranny, I wonder how many can afford to drive around the territory all day and find no one at home. I bet you find more of the witlesses walking around the territory, slowly, and especially when distributing those REJECT Jesus wastes of paper. Even with 30 hours, that is still quite a bit of gas wasted.

And, every time you fill that tank in the name of Jehovah, you could have bought a couple of silver rounds instead. The nice thing about those silver rounds is that it will be worth something when your currency collapses. The gas you waste to pio-sneer? Well, that will be all gone. And you will be unprotected against collapse of your currency, especially in the US, the Euro zone, and the British pound. And come 2012, it will be that much harder to afford gas once your currency has lost all its value.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit