My article was published

by RunningMan 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Gozz
    Gozz

Runningman,

I didn't see Lari's post. But it's fine still.

Y'know, since you say we can't be sure who it was that was taken into exile, we might not then conclude it was Mordecai, not so? Using the Esther story would then have the possibility of error. What do you think? If the numbers could show a grave discrepancy for Kish, then we might have a good argument. What do you think?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Yes. It is possible that, if Kish is being referred to, Mordecai's age would be fine. I will grant that this item may be in error - but, it may not be. My article was written for fun rather than serious Bible scholarship.

However, if you are looking for Bible errors, there are literally hundreds of them. As far as I'm concerned, the existance of even a single error in "God's inspired word", makes it an object of humour, rather than reverance.

• Gozz
    Gozz

I see that... But someone might take it serious, like making valid points with humour. But its correctness should be solid. If there's any possibility for error, it might cast some shadow on credibility. I didn't mean to nitpick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit