May 15th WT - WT society uses Fear & Guilt to Prevent Materialism in JW's

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    SNOWBIRD- Thanks for the link . Didn't realize it had been posted.

That's ok, Flipper.

You jogged my memory, is all.

LOL @ PunkofNice!

Syl

• nugget
    nugget

If the society was so concerned about materialism surely it could use some of it's billions to sponsor young ones to pioneer and provide support for the elderly who have given up everything because the end is so close and now have no pension.

If the society actually did something productinve with it's own assets then they could preach to the congregations about what to do with their money. These articles actually cause more materialism not less. People in the congregations become jealous when they see other people with more than them. people are continuously measuring who has what and are obessessed by what others own. One sister moaned to me about a brother who had brought a new house with a large garden saying how it set such a bad example. I said if he can afford it what is the problem. If you believe this system is coming to an end then he won't be able to spend his money in the new order so why shouldn't he use it now when he can. I reminded her that other people had given up everything thinking the end was coming but they were disappointed they were suffering now because the end has delayed. If he attends meetings why should he hoarde his money he is actually just providing for his family in the best way possible until the end comes.

I find I am less interested in what other people have and don't feel the need to compare us with others. I have what I can afford and don't feel I have to police my friends spending. Oh the relief.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Under normal conditions, I endorse materialism in its place. It is pointless to make money if one cannot enjoy it. And, if you are offered a job that is well within your ability that pays well, by all means take it. It might be that the 3000 Euro job is beyond your ability to actually perform--however, if not, you might be well to take it (unless, that is, you are offered in the next letter a job that pays 3,000 ounces of silver a month). To stay poor just so you can pio-sneer makes no sense.

However, with the upcoming financial Armageddon, I would suggest preparing for it. In the US, we are soon to see major problems. The EPA is about to unleash regulations that could well result in widespread rolling blackouts and gas shortages. The dollar is one QE away from becoming toilet paper--and China could help it in that direction. We have the disaster laws S-510 (along with S-3767) and Osama ObamaCare. This means we are in for a super whopper of a depression that is going to make the Panic of 1873 look like a runaway boom. (And the 1930s.) This means it is important to safeguard your dollars or Euros from taxes, hyperinflation, and being stolen (and, the "safety(??)" deposit boxes at the banks are the first place for government confiscation, plus you will lose access to them in a bank holiday). Gold and silver, stored securely at home or where you have secure access to it on demand, is much better.

And yes, we will all have to lower our standard of living for a while. But this is not because of religious dogma. This is simply because the Rothschilds are making one all-or-nothing push to enslave all mankind. Either they will succeed on the first try, or they will go bust trying. If they do go bust, your gold and silver will make great money to buy depressed but sound stocks with. (And get rich on.) Jobs will start paying more, since the Rothschilds will no longer be able to siphon off money and create the mess of regulations we now have. If they successfully enslave us, materialism will be a moot point from that point on.

• cult classic
    cult classic
    With parents like that - who needs a bad economy ?

LOL Flipper. Many struggling witnesses view their financial problems as a sign of the end when really the problems are self imposed.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This WT is recycled malarkey and scare tactics; it has become their non stop mantra: don't go to school, don't get a good job, don't do anything other than service, study and meetings.

It just hurts my head to even read these reviews.

• flipper
    flipper

VAMPIRE- Interesting reading that other thread. Funny stuff ! Don't worry about my thunder being stolen. It wasn't stolen. Just added to. It's not about that. It's about anybody putting this information out to expose the WT society for what it really is. And that's a good thing. I found it pretty odd that the WT society talks about " unreasonable demands " also. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. They put more unreasonable demands on people than anybody !

SILENTNOMORE- Exactly. WT society expectations are way too high.

JOLIETTE- Thanks . Glad you enjoy these parody type exposures of the WT magazine. Somebody's gotta do it. I feel honored to do so.

AUSSIE OZ- I too remember as a JW seeing lots of elders who had large bank accounts and expensive cars. They never seemed to pay heed to the WT society " warnings " about materialism- yet didn't blink an eye towards giving counsel to struggling family heads trying to make ends meet to not be materialistic. Such hypocrisy.

TOTALLY ADD- Yeah, I certainly DID have a lot of storms hit with power outages over 4 days a couple weeks ago. That may have been when that Ethiopian experience was written up.

LISTENER- Good point you bring up about the WT society being unbalanced in their counsel to Witnesses. They do go overboard many times on things from one extreme to the other extreme. And like you say JW members who may be aLREADY unbalanced become even MORE so and make stupid decisions financially based on idiotic counsel from the WT society. I once had an elder tell me " don't get too materialistic " when I mentioned I had picked up some new accounts in my business . Ridiculous. I mean, what was I supposed to do- turn down work ? The idiocy of the leaders in this organization never ceases to amaze me.

JOOKBEARD- Exactly. I knew lots of JW's who were extravagant in spending money like it was water. These days I feel the younger JW's are just ignoring the WT society's counsel on materialism. And well they should.

HECKLERBOY- Good point. Yeah, the WT society always uses extreme positive examples of accomplishment, allegedly, within their own ranks to show how intelligent and successful their people are. Such a misrepresentation of the facts.

MR. FALCON- Nice quote. I like it. Fact and religion are definitely far apart in my book.

PUNK OF NICE- Yep. Just same poop, same toilet. I'd say it's high time to flush this WT toilet, you think ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

SNOWBIRD- No problem. Once again, thanks for the link !

NUGGET- I saw a lot of jealousy as well inside the JW cult regarding money. Good idea you have of training young people with the WT billions to assist and care for older ones ! But the WT society would never be so giving as to lose THEIR slice of the pie if you know what I mean.

WTWIZARD- I agree with you. If the Bilderbergs , Rothchilds, & Rockefellers have their way by running the common workingman into the ground - it will affect all the Jehovah's Witnesses as well and everybody ELSE on the planet ! I mean telling people NOT to be materialistic in a stressed out and fractured economy is like telling the people starving in Africa or India not to eat too much or they'll get indigestion ! Sure people have to be careful about how they spend their money but if the whole thing crashes it's going to affect everyone of us including the wealthy.

CULT CLASSIC- Good point. Many of the financial problems Witnesses experience ARE self inflicted from giving too much time and money to the WT society.

PISTOFF- My head WAS hurting after writing this thread. It is malarkey and they use fear and guilt every time in controlling Witnesses. Disgusting

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Most high school teachers spend time telling their students that they have the brains to go onto college and they should take advantage of the many scholarships that are out there. Next thing you know, the JW kids are bragging to their parents that they are gifted and are being offered a grandiose scholarship, the story is then an assembly part and then it is being printed as absolute truth.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Witchtower has been saying for almost 90 years that Christ came invisibly in 1914. It was his Invisible return to the earth.

has this teaching now been dropped quietly without a study pointing out that this is no longer what "true christians" believe??

HB

• flipper
    flipper

MAGWITCH- It is amazing isn't it the embellishment of stories found in the WT society's magazines ? Crazy stuff.

HAMSTERBAIT- I think the WT society STILL teaches the 1914 time as the starting of the alleged " time of the end " with Jesus starting to rule then. But what's changed from what I have noticed is the LENGTH of that generation, or " overlapping generations ". It appears it's an indefinite length of time for them now to buy more time to dupe people

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit