May 15th WT - WT society uses Fear & Guilt to Prevent Materialism in JW's

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Hello again, flipper.

I poked around a bit and I found the thread where the original story was posted right here as snowbird already mentioned. (The hazards of not reading a thread all the way through.) If you have some spare time, just sit back, read, enjoy and have a good laugh at how the posters ripped the story apart. If we stole a bit of your thunder, sorry.

You young ones, do not believe all the world's advertising about consumer goods and thus make unreasonable demands for expensive brands of clothing or for other items. Exercise restraint. Also, think of how acquiring something will affect YOUR FAMILIES PREPAREDNESS for the COMING OF THE SON OF MAN.

Unreasonable demands? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's rich. What f***ing hypocrites! What about the "unreasonable demands" the WTS cronies put upon JW families for their time and money? What about 1 Timothy 5:8 about ppl providing for their families first and foremost. Oh yeah! *slaps head* Silly me. The GB doesn't really believe the scriptures apply to THEM. Pharisees!

V665V665

• SilentNoMore
    SilentNoMore

How does a person own a late model sedan suitable for witnessing, the latest suits/outfits for witnessing/conventions/meetings and a house big enough to hold meetings in when the kingdom hall gets burned down because of 'persecution' on a cleaners wage??

• Joliette
    Joliette

Flipper: You need to publish a book of Mr. Flipper's watchtower's propaganda commentary.

I'm loving it!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

And yet, it only works on the more lowly ones i think...

i remember in my time (and some i know of today) that those (mainly elders) that are in real estate and the building trade make squillions of dollars, drive expensive cars and have large new homes...

oz

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I may be wrong but when the first thread came out flipper was having all those storm hitting him. He was disconnected from the world at the time. Totally ADD

• Listener
    Listener

What I've noticed a lot in the articles of late is the lack of any sense of balance. They may have basic principles in mind, such as in this case that materialism can be a danger, but then go way overboard with the concept. It doesn't help people to be extreme and can lead to some bad decisions being made, which has already been seen by those JWs that become too caught up with doing what the GB says.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

they are clearly not working these mag articles and constant talks that council them on this, dubs are the most materialistic,envious, jealous people on the planet, this council probably makes things worse.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Then to instill further GUILT into younger JW's concerning materialism it gives an example of an Ethiopian teenage Witness girl. It states, " She did so well in her schoolwork that upon completing her basic education, she was offered a scholarship for further education. Having her eye focused on serving Jehovah, however, she TURNED DOWN THE SCHOLARSHIP. Soon thereafter, she received a job offer that would pay her 3,000 euros a month - a high amount in comparison with the average wages in her country. But the girl's " eye " was set on pioneer service. She did NOT NEED TO CONSULT HER PARENTS to TURN DOWN the job.

JW's must be the smartest most skilled people on the planet. I think everyone of them is offered some sort of scholorship or amazing job.

So if you need a job in this bad economy, just become a JW. The colleges and companies will be knocking down your door.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

“God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion”

~ Superintendant Chalmers

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Same old poop, different toilet!

No wait....it's the same toilet.......the watchtower!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit