What changes have you noticed in the Witness

by d 43 Replies latest social humour

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Biggest changes are Organization over Christ. Judgement over love. Unreasonableness over reasonableness. Coolness over warmth. Fake over sincere.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Those changes you list took place with Rutherford Sheepie !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

CUKOO SAID:

To me it seems the thumbscrews have been applied ever more forcefully over the course of this year.........Every week has another article full of "thou shalt not". High control piled on high control, ever tightening the thumbscrews on the poor downtrodden mass who can't or won't stop to examine the spiritual salmonella they're being force-fed. How often have they pilloried "entertainment" recently, or tried to beat the internet to death with a big stick? We all know why, it's all about information control.

I agree. They DF anyone who questions anything to keep others of the R&F from speaking to the doubters. Who cares if they are just doubters vs. already decidedly apostates! Cut 'em off! Damage control! People innocenty questioning things risk causing as much damage or more than intentional apostates. People are more inclined to listen to innocent questions and this risks planting seeks in the mind of others.

Also, younger, inexperienced COs right out of training school. But well trained to strictly enfore the hardline! Less health care cost concerns. Less compassion. Less understanding about life. They have no real experience in life, no real training in the Bible other than the WT propaganda, but they have absolute authority and they do not hesitate to use abuse it.

Doc

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

WOW! How depressing. I felt the same way in the early to mid 70s. I finally decided that if Jehovah wanted to kill me, then I guess he could kill me, but I was getting out of that organization. I had been in since the age of 4.

I went to work out in the world and was happy. Then, from what I understand now, I got caught in the Purg of the 80s. I had not attended meetings for years.I was df'd for apostacy. I didn't think conditions could get any worse. I

believe that the young witness will not take as much as we did. And as was stated, the Internet provides so much information about the organization.They have nowhere to hide! The majority of my family (large) is still in and don't

give any evidence of ever leaving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit