Jehovah's Witnesses and their Armageddon Imagery

by whereami 18 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Good video and good music, Mozart piano concerto 21.

The accent is interesting, is it white South African? I thought it sounded slightly Germanic until I heard the pronunciation of Schadenfreude which sounded more English than German.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Slim, there is definitely a white South African lurking there, more likely of British rather than Dutch descent as the accent is not strong. I see that if you go to his profile that it indicates at the bottom of the left column there is a connection with South Africa. Sorry to say I do not recognise the voice.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I can't watch the youtube but this reminds me of what we called the "I can't read too well" brochure, the one with mostly vintage 1982 illustrations and captions. Hang on, I'll go resurrect an old thread that has the Armageddon depiction in it. It's good stuff.

This thread includes a scan of it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/195960/2/Evidence-that-God-hates-cats

Anyways, images like this evoke in me a, "what the hell??" How did that escape my parents?

• kjw53
    kjw53

Pika-Chu-- You are wrong about why God will wipe out wickedness off of the earth. He let it go on to make sure all were weeded out that may cause this to happen again-same reason after the ressurection and everyone learns truth, satan will be loosed again for a little while, and it says some will follow him-then they deserve death. And this wicked system will never happen again,Paradise forever and ever. God is sending his folks warning you of what is coming-most slam the door in their face, its their fault if they cannot see truth from false. To be righteous then in paradise one must also strive to be righteous now as well. Not an easy task in this system. And partly humans asked for this in the garden of Eden by sinning and believing they wouldnt need God if they knew right from wrong themselves. The reason it has advanced so fast in the last 125 years or so compared to the first 5900 years or so is because we are being rushed to Harmageddon , it is closer than one thinks. One prophecy remains after the prophecy of Egypt-Libya-and thats the fall of babylon the great- false religion-one cannot get in after that occurs. 9 countries have allready done just that according to cnn.

• kjw53
    kjw53

jean-luc--- i am a united states citizen- you are right i erred its not my side actually-i voted for Jesus, not a kingdom of man. And whomever said that the JW,s enjoy others pain and suffering is only using 1% of their brain. Thats sick thinking. They have spent almost the last 100 years trying to warn you out of love in their hearts for you. But as Gods word said-satan is the god of this system of things. He shows how crafty he is compared to mere mortals, like in Noahs day-8 humans knew the true God-the rest were decieved. He took control of the israelites over and over in the ot until finally he had them have Jesus killed. He is posing as God in all the false religions- He decieved millions of angels to fall with him. I think one will need more than luck to beat him. They need the faithful slave.

• designs
    designs

Our former Religion joined a long list of doom and gloomers- Christians, Hindus, Muslims etc..

'its the end of the world as we know it.....' R.E.M.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Would love to sit my daughter-in-law down in front of this video. I know she doesn't buy into the whole belief process she just does what she needs to for show.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Good video and nice insightful dialogue on a topic that is spot-on.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

One prophecy remains after the prophecy of Egypt-Libya-and thats the fall of babylon the great- false religion-one cannot get in after that occurs. 9 countries have allready done just that according to cnn.

Are people allowed to be atheists there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit