Jehovah's Witnesses and their Armageddon Imagery

by whereami 18 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Jehovah's Witnesses have an obsession with the end of the world/Armageddon. This video explores that idea and the effect on the average witness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdc6wljPXno

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Thank you for the video link. I must watch his other videos as soon as I have the time.

I must read up about Smurfs too. (See one of the comments after the video.)

I think I must have been out when that light came out .

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

you are right on how the ORGANIZATION views calamity and influences their members to feel the same.i disagree with your premise with how the rank and file feel.there are many who are geniune christians and have empathy,after all non-believers killed at 9/11 will be resurrected.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard
    after all non-believers killed at 9/11 will be resurrected.

Horray for terrorists then. They give their victims a passport direct to the new system.

Terrorists are good kind people.

My mother once told someone she wishes I were dead. Then at least I would have a resurrection.

Another example of Jws " having no natural affection ".

• kjw53
    kjw53

Nice how you twist what is said Mr Picard, Terrorist have no right to kill other humans the way they do, but how is it any different from what our side returned. In fact there were 13 saudi arabians on those planes-how can one justify bombing iraq and killing over 300,000 iraqis in original bombings- Under the unintelligence of wmd in iraq? Jesus taught-love,peace,unity,return evil for evil to no one,vengeance is mine said the lord.Love your enemy. God created iraqis as our human family. God gave them free will, God gave them the right to live. Its the unintelligence of men who make borders against one another. And it will be just as i said at Harmageddon-all who follow the man made word patriotism will be standing against God.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I'm sorry kjw53. You are right.

Horray for everybody that kills someone. They give their victims a passport direct to the new system.

Oh, and why do you say

"our side"
    ? Surely your not following
    the man made word patriotism
    ?
  • d
    d

That is so true they do enjoy other people's misery and pain ans suffering.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Jesus taught-love,peace,unity,return evil for evil to no one,vengeance is mine said the lord.Love your enemy.

Which is why your God of love wants to kill 6 Billion people just to prove a point. Approximately 500,000 babies are born each day. Of course, not all of those babies' parents are baptized jw in good standing. If Armageddon happened tomorrow, how many babies would he have to kill to save seven million people from "bad influence?"

• carla
    carla

after all non-believers killed at 9/11 will be resurrected.--this is said in a wt? even if they were not jw's? what if there apostates in that number? how about a householder who slammed the door on an annoying jw some Sat morning?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

how about a householder who slammed the door on an annoying jw some Sat morning?

That might have disqualified them back under the "old" sheep & goats interpretation, but not under the NEW LIGHT understanding.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit