attended the circuiit assembly today

by im stuck in 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

So why are you "stuck in".....run for your life.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    One talk actually suggested that wisdom is wrong.....im stuck in

Jehovah Loves the Watchtower..

You need to get WatchTarded!..

http://maxgrace.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/preacher.gif

........................... ...OUTLAW

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

I agree wisdow is definitely wrong.

• sd-7
    sd-7

im stuck in,

I remember those days. What a horrible thing it was, for the brief time I was still in, to sit through those programs. I noticed one repeating pattern, at the end, 'the faithful slave' was praised for various modern-day accomplishments or some organizational change they made. In every program, that was the focus at the end. Not Jesus or even Jehovah, but the 'faithful slave'. As if we needed to be reminded of history that 90% of the people there probably didn't care about and were falling asleep on anyway. Practically nobody is actually very well-informed about basic doctrine, much less the history of the religion. They just get caught up in the activities and association, and those are the relevant things.

Satan gets far too much attention and is used to frighten people. But wait, I thought Jesus conquered Satan on our behalf! Apparently not. Strange that the one group on earth that's supposed to have Jehovah's protection is so paranoid that they're seeing Satan in their soup. People who are in Christ shouldn't be living in fear, should they?

Anyway, I'm sure when they spoke against wisdom, they were referring to 'the wisdom of the world', or in other words, higher education and any idea or philosophy that is not Watchtower-approved. Even studying the Bible without their publications, for example. Which, by all logic, should lead a person to the Watchtower's version of truth, if it is indeed the truth.

Well...my advice is simply to tune out the program, in the future if/when you go next time, and just read the Bible itself. You'd be amazed at how much you'll learn that way, and how many new questions might pop up that your WT mind would never have asked before. If anyone asks what you liked most about the program, you can pretty consistently say, "I like the part where they said to avoid higher education and seek first the Kingdom by expanding your ministry." Let's face it, that's half the program, right there. Certainly half the experiences, at least.

Hang in there. Get some mental rest. The assembly programs can be very hard on the psyche.

--sd-7

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    He said he once was depress for a few days and he read article in the Awake that said exercise help depression.

I suppose it could, if being out of physical shape was the source of your depression. Otherwise, that's just asinine.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Sorry everyone for the typos not usually my thing, I guess I was more tired than I thought. I meant wisdom but I think you know that. stuck in

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

If you sleep you cannot be bored. We had a Romanian Academy member (Camil Bujor Muresanu) as history teacher during University. He had such a nice voice that we fell asleep many times when he narrated about the old times. An awesome teacher nevertheless. It was just like my granpa telling me a bedtime story.

The difference is I could never sleep at JW conventions because those speakers did not have the charm. They radiated a special type of boredom, one that keeps you awake and robotized. Being bored and awake is a pain.

During weekends, I watch on TV some Orthodox religious service from some church. I fall asleep almost immediately! They are boring in a constructive way! The JW sermons are boring in a distructive way: it's impossible (for me) to fall asleep on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit