attended the circuiit assembly today

by im stuck in 16 Replies latest jw friends

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Well I went with the wife today to the Sunday circuit assembly. It is really sad to listen to the talks and see the many people that I know. One talk actually suggested that wisdow is wrong , to me it was just more support that we have all you need why do any research on your own. To think that some smart people that I know swallow this completely and will never check into anything that they are taught. They will most of them continue to serve this publishing company all of their lives and never get away from it. But maybe "they can't handle the truth" as Nickolson said.

On another note satan was getting a lot of blame today. Satan caused this, satan will cause that, satan dosen't want you to be a witness. Me thinks he gets too much credit. How about you? Im not sure if he exists or not but it gets sickening after awhile.

Anyway that was my day,it is 8 hours that I will never get back.

• d
    d

Sorry to hear that, I am so glad I left in 2008.Hearing talks back when I was younger was very mindnumbing to say the least.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

May of 2009 was my last CA and I only went on Sat. I got so upset when the DO gave a talk on depression and his advice was to go out and exercise. He said he once was depress for a few days and he read article in the Awake that said exercise help depression. I just sunk in my seat and shook my head. Seating just a few rows from me was this sister who suffered with depression so bad she was cutting herself to help her deal with the depression. She just started crying when she heard that. That DO was a real jerk. For one reason or another I have not been to a assembly or DC since 2009. You are right "d" they are still mindnumbing. Totally ADD

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I think that brothers that impersonate psychiatrists and give medically wrong advice to others should be arrested!

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

At one of my last assemblies a brother said:

If you are serving Jehovah and are suffering, its normal: Satan is trying to break your integrety.

If you do not obey Jehovah, and are suffering, what can you expect. True peace comes only from serving Jehovah.

So its heads they win tails you lose.

• the max
    the max

I agree with you, the society has 2 rules, 1. The society is always right, and 2. If the society is wrong rule 1 apply,s

• boyzone
    boyzone

Im stuck in

Are you in the UK, south?

My parents were at the CA this Sunday and I was wondering what tripe they were listening to. Just recently they've been doing great when it comes to free thinking and hoped they wouldn't be sucked in again. It could go either way right now.

Thanks for the update.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I can't believe I was so stupid! I drove 160 km/day for 3 days in order to get myself bored to death by the ramblings of a person who probably only saw a University in pictures or in movies. And at that time I thought that was the Truth! I sould be jailed for stupidity! I'm glad however I had a quick awakening. I just wasted 2 years and even those were not quite completely wasted. I met many beautiful sisters during that time.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Wisdom is wrong? (I will trust that it was a typo.) I thought that wisdom was supposed to be one of Jehovah's cardinal attributes (of course, "supposed to be" is the key term because there is no evidence that it actually is). And how often does their own Bible exalt wisdom? They claim it to be worth "more than much fine gold" (or silver, in case you now have that Kingdumb malady going). And now, it is bad?

I think I will stick with my gold and silver, rather than pick up their brand of "wisdom".

• blondie
    blondie

bored to death by the ramblings of a person who probably only saw a University in pictures or in movies

-----------

Believe me people who have attended university can be very boring............I can attest to my professors and teaching assistants putting us to sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit