Is there a new "full court press" to bring back "lost ones"?

by tenyearsafter 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I ask the question because all of a sudden I am getting bombarded by my mother and other family members to "take my wife's hand and RUN back to Jehovah before it is too late"!! I am getting e-mail with screen shots of the UN website (http://www.un.org/en/peace) stating "Peace and Security", being told that this could likely be the last Memorial celebrated and that the door to the Ark will be closing soon.

Has anyone else been seeing an up-tick in these "prodigal son" appeals from JW friends and family? I have been DF'ed for 16 years, and this is the first time I recall such an intense campaign to get me to "come to my senses".

Just curious...

TYA

• jay88
    jay88

Perhaps you should come to your senses before you are destroyed in god's great day of vengeance.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Good point jay88...my eyes are now open!

• Highlander
    Highlander

The memorial season, along with current events such as the recent earthquake and unrest in the middle east may be causing some to put in more effort to get us heathens to return to the flock. This year I was invited to the memorial, something that hasn't happened in many years.

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I have the same sister that comes by on a regular basis (one time a week). Her visits haven't been any more or less urgent, just the same old rederick from the hall. She also brings me the latest mags but they don't contain anything ground shaking in them at least to me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It happens all the time..

You just happen to be on someones radar..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• Quendi
    Quendi

One of my close friends who is a JW has been employing the "full court press" with me to persuade me to get reinstated. I've been disfellowshipped for more than five years and told him a year ago that I would cease any and all efforts to return. But it has only been in the last three months or so that he began urging me to return to meetings and particularly to attend next Sunday's Memorial "celebration". He has cited the urgency of our times and how the organization is making an effort to get "lost ones" to return. I am very touched by his love and concern, but my resolve to stay the hell away is firmer than ever.

This friend lives in Southern California and I live in Northern Colorado. I mention this because while my friend has made every effort to get me back to meetings from long distance, the local elders and Witnesses don't give a damn. I have not received one phone call or visit. I have not been asked if I want to attend the Memorial or if I need transportation to the Hall for the "celebration". There has been no communication since I last spoke to the elders in June 2010. I have received only one of the annual visits the disfellowshipped, disassociated, and the "faded" are supposed to get. So it is clear to me that there is no real concern on the part of the WTS about recovering lost or lapsed Witnesses.

Had they found me in the door-to-door work, I have a feeling that someone would have made a return visit on me just to gauge my intentions. As it is, the elders certainly know how to reach me and have made no efforts to do so. I have counted that as a blessing. If the WTS wants its lost sheep to come back, they have evidently left it up to local congregations to retrieve them without any direction from Brooklyn. I find that strange considering how the WTS feels it necessary to dictate to Witnesses about every other aspect of their lives. That is just a clear indication about how they really feel.

Quendi

• wasblind
    wasblind

" RUN back to Jehovah before it is too late"!! I am getting e-mail with screen shots of the UN website (http://www.un.org/en/peace) stating "Peace and Security", being told that this could likely be the last Memorial celebrated and that the door to the Ark will be closing soon."

Hello there Tenyearsafter,

These Emails seem to be filled with terror

Matthew 24:6 " you are going to here of wars and reports of wars; see that you are not terrified.

For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

The jws are bugging my wife again and really pushing her for regular meeting attendance, but what I am finding strange is my wife is not talking about the end being 'on the doorstep' but using words like 'we are still not ready for the end' and there is still some time for this system. In past times she was worried about how close we are.....but yes, I do see an uptick in the activity, but some of that may just be due to the April push, plus always the memorial stuff.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Quendi,

I have never had any contact with the elders since my DF'ing...this is the first year I have had any more effort than a Memorial reminder from anyone...including family members...curious.

Outlaw,

You may be right...but I have no idea what got me back on the "radar'!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit